FBL Gyro MSH Brain-Ikon Rescue Sneak Peak

Roman77

I can't wait to get one. Just got an original Brain to try out.....I have only flown Ar7200/7300. A bit leary after I tried GPro twice and it balled up my heli both times.

Tony

Staff member
The BX and the Ikon are NOTHING like Align's gyro crap. You will love either one of them as they do not have the tip over issues, they do not have the wag issues (unless your gain is too high lol) and they just work on stock settings. If I could get me a GPro, I would do a video series on how to set them up as I did with the 3GX, but that is going to be a while, if ever since I can't afford one right now.

Dirk

Just pre-ordered a new Brain 2 HD with Bluetooth. I absolutely love the way the Brain flies, and the new one should be even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Roman,

Do the free software upgrade to V2 before you fly it. I'ts awesome and the new rescue function will get you out of those " Oh CRAP!" moments.
It is also nice with the new vibe logging. Waaaay better than chasing vibes down all over the heli.

Roman77

Just pre-ordered a new Brain 2 HD with Bluetooth. I absolutely love the way the Brain flies, and the new one should be even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Roman,

Do the free software upgrade to V2 before you fly it. I'ts awesome and the new rescue function will get you out of those " Oh CRAP!" moments.
It is also nice with the new vibe logging. Waaaay better than chasing vibes down all over the heli.

THANKS Dirk and Tony! I will hopefully get the Brain up and running within a week or two and try it out. I am putting it on a Synergy N5c.

heli-maniac

They have put out even newer firmware and updates 2.0.007 and 2.0.008 is the latest and greatest
All ways save your file before updates are done this way you dont have to do a full set up if something goes wrong .
I have it loaded on my OXY 3 on the Micro Ikon and it is all working . will need to load it on my 450 and 550 with full size Ikons
they changed the rescue so all you do is hit the button and bam before you had to hold the button til it was safe . Has a few other thing changed also Like picking the blade size now over heli size . Ill have to do some more digging to see what else has changed but its all good

USAF_Ret

Does anyone know when the MS Heli Brain 2 Flybarless System w/Integrated Bluetooth is going to be available? I see it is still pre-order on the amain site.

Smoggie

They are in stock here in the UK so delivery in the US should be imminent if they aren't there already.

Luisu51

Maybe i'm late to this discussion,but i can only dowload update 2.0.007. Can someone tell me how to access 2.0.008?

Luisu51

Thankyou SB,my misinterpretation,i already pluged up my unit and everythings ok . Thanks for your reply. Hope to test flight soon.

That is sick, mine comes in Tuesday. Replacing the 3GX with it. Can you post a vid of the settings you were making? The negative to the rescue is what I'll definitely need.

Smoggie

How do you activate rescue with the Brain? is it by setting gyro gain to a negative value like the Spirit does it?

heli-maniac

The rescue has its own channel . I have mine set up on the bind button on my DX8 . I have only tested it with the heli in a upright to see how it works

I should have my New Ikon2 Tomorrow and will be putting it on My OXY3. Seeing that its the bird I fly the most

heli-maniac

Yes you have to pay for the App. I would hold off on it for now . It has alot of bugs they are still trying to get worked out

- - - Updated - - -

I got my Ikon2 and have started on the install in to my OXY3

Top Bottom