FBL Gyro MSH Brain-Ikon Rescue Sneak Peak

heli-maniac

Hey guys,
The MSH engineering has been working a long time to bring out an all new Rescue feature written from the ground up. The new rescue uses some very advanced proprietary algorithms to take rescue to another level. There is no setup, no bench calibration. It just works.

The new Rescue will be a free firmware update along with a couple other awesome surprises. (-:

Some of the rescue features:
-Pulls you out of trouble, levels the helicopter and applies pitch to save the model at the flick of a switch or press of a button
-Advanced learning and dead reckoning algorithms. Constantly adapts to the model and flight conditions (i.e. works with models with extreme vibration)
-Plug and play setup. No tuning required.
-No bench calibration required
-Activated with a free channel or bank
-Optional pitch on rescue, pulls you out of trouble when you need it most

Coming to your brain soon.

MSH Brain Rescue Demo - YouTube

holtneil

Hi they needed to step up the Game as the spirit pro is cheaper and has recovery and stable fight modes

Smoggie

The iKon is very good value, especially so now it's got the 'full house' rescue option. I'm think it comes in a bit cheaper than the Spirit or Spirit Pro.

The Spirit has more advanced rescue options and a snazzy metal case but it's a close call between the two now that they added rescue. It's great that the price of these advanced FBL controllers is being driven down and we arent stuck with paying Mikado and BeastX prices!

heli-maniac

The Brain and Ikon come in a fancy Aluminum case for 175.00
Or you can buy just the case to replace the plastic one for like 35.00

Last edited:

holtneil

Shame it don't come in aluminium as standard like the spirit for £145 ,don't get me wrong I like the Ikon ,I would had got it but I like the idea of recovery and at that time they didn't do it , it beats the beastx you have to pay $80 for recovery on top of the gyros price

Smoggie

Beats the Mikado Neo too, which has a similar price premium to the Microbeast for 'pro rescue' firmware upgrade.. It's more than $80 I'm pretty sure, more like $100.

Both the microbeast and Neo only come with a plastic case. The Microbeast only supports a single Spektrum sat. The Neo has no wireless connectivity and does not permit gain adjustment from 3rd party Tx, or the use of normal Tx throttle curves. Not sure why anyone would look at anything other than the Spirit or ikon to be honest?

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Beats the Mikado Neo too, which has a similar price premium to the Microbeat for 'pro rescue' firmware upgrade.. It's more than $80 I'm pretty sure, more like $100.

Both the microbeast and Neo only come with a plastic case. The Microbeast only supports a single Spektrum sat. The Neo has no wireless connectivity and does not permit gain adjustment from 3rd party Tx, or the use of normal Tx throttle curves. Not sure why anyone would look at anything other than the Spirit or ikon to be honest?

For the price, My AR7200BX/7300BX hasn't let me down and it works just fine for my non talent fling needs :wave:. Just my opinion.

Smoggie

For the price, My AR7200BX/7300BX hasn't let me down and it works just fine for my non talent fling needs :wave:. Just my opinion.

Both now discontinued and of course they don't feature stability or rescue which is the theme of the thread. The AR7200BX is replaced by the AR7210BX (no direct replacement for the AR7300 as of yet). Unfortunately although the AR7210BX has stability/rescue capability it's disabled by default and only available as an extra cost upgrade (about $100), exactly as the Microbeast (because it has a Microbeast inside).

Last edited:

trainrider06

Looks like a good system! Man competition is tough! Are you gonna get one Jesse?? Do a setup video maybe??
That should juice up the site spark interest some!

murankar

Staff member
Yes the rescue mode for the Neo comes with a $120 or so price tag. It does require you to buy 2 different upgrades to even get rescue. Yes it is a down side for the gyro but then again it is a VBar. Now if I had to choose between Spirit or Ikon, personally I would take spirit. Why full radio integration, I have had a tast of the cool aid and love it.

heli-maniac

Its a free firm wear upgrade when it comes out end of next month I will be adding it to all mine for sure
I may not get to use it any time soon but Ill have it .
As far as systems go I fly basic stuff so only need the basic hard wear Im no were good enough to have all the cool guy stuff just to fly.
Why try and learn over advanced equipment when learning the basic flight stuff . You got to crawl before you walk and walk before you run and run along time before you enter the Olympics

Tony

Staff member
Let me know how it goes. I won't install anything on the nitro until I KNOW it works. Not playing those 3GX games again lmao.

heli-maniac

Every update MSH has done to it just makes it better
They have added a lot this go round and it was all tested for a long time before they would let it out to the public

heli-maniac

Ok I loaded the new 2.0 update on to my Oxy3
all files stayed the same . It now has some logging stuff live vibe checking and a few other things . Ill have to play with that later
So checked the set up and all was good to go . turned on the rescue and checked it on the bench and it works . It preset the rescue to be on the trainer button on my DX8.
Took the Oxy out side to give it a spin and to see if the rescue would work ( first time I have flown in months) . I did this with the Heli upright in a hover Hit the button and the heli would flatten out from any angle and shoot up . Its pretty neat will come in handy in a pinch . Now to do the other birds and hope to get out and fly this weekend .

Top Bottom