Prop Mounting outrunner motor

Jerryz

I am working on a PA Katana Mini. I am at the stage where I am mounting the motor to the motor box. I am confused as to why when I snug the mounting screws, the motor seems harder to spin. What am I missing?

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the mounting area is flat. If there is a curve, it will put it into a bind. Also make sure, if you have the motor shaft sticking into the fuse, that it's not hitting anything. Hope this helps.

Jerryz

Make sure the mounting area is flat. If there is a curve, it will put it into a bind. Also make sure, if you have the motor shaft sticking into the fuse, that it's not hitting anything. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks Tony. I will look at it again. I'm just mounting the motor to the firewall pre-installed by PA. I'm not sure how else to do it, other than screw in the four screws.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, there are some of them that are rather confusing. You wouldn't think it would be rubbing, but alas, it's rubbing lmao. Been there.

Jerryz

I guess I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm afraid if I back the screws off, the motor could vibrate or worse, come off.

Tony

Staff member
Is there any way you can get a video of what it's doing, or at least some good quality pictures so that we can see it? It just might help.

Jerryz

I have a video but I Don't know how to post it.

- - - Updated - - -

OK for some reason I cannot upload my video. But here are some pics if it helps.20140524_165809.jpg20140524_165755.jpg

20140524_165809.jpg

20140524_165755.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If the bolts are going straight in, I'm not sure what is causing the binding. Double check the shaft where it goes through the wood though. Might be rubbing slightly. As may the clip that holds the shaft if it has one. Might need to drill it out a little bigger.

SIXFOOTER

Take the screws out and see if the motor will sit flat against the back side of the firewall without them or does it rock a bit. From the first pit it looks like the shaft is rubbing on one side of the hole, open it up a bit, see if that helps

Jerryz

I just want to thank you guys for all your responses. As it turns out, Precision Aerobatics support got back to me. There is a tiny C clamp that has to be removed. That was it. This is a great forum. Thanks again

Top Bottom