450 Motor won't spin

I'm tuning up my sons HK450 after it's been collecting dust for a couple years. Upon putting in a new jr rx to match my tx everything works except throttle. What I am getting instead is a triple beep ten times and then repeats. I'm not sure what brand esc except that is from HK. ANY IDEAS??

When you say "reinitialize" you just mean turn them both on normally right? If so it still does the triple beep ten times. :(

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, just turn it off then back on.

Okay, try this. Turn on your Tx and raise your throttle all the way up (recenter your trim). Plug in the battery on the heli and wait for the first series of beeps. when you hear then, lower the throttle all the way. This should set your endpoints in the ESC.

Ok this should help. . With the big jumble of freshly loosed wires I didn't notice one was still loose. The one from the ESC. Well the problem now is that the throttle spot in the receiver is full with the external BEC so now all six channels are full so how do I wire in the ESC?

Derek

I think the BEC should get plugged into your BIND/BATT port and the ESC goes to the Throttle port.

Thanks Derek. Getting closer. Lol. Now with esc in throt and the BEC in bind/data everything powers on with no beeps but now still no throttle engagement. :(

I tried Paul but nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheesh, while the heli was powered up I made the mistake of going to SETUP on my dx9 which basically unbinds the connection and at that moment the heli spun up!? But as soon as I powered it down and rep lugged the battery I got nothing.

Tony

Staff member
Your helicopter spooled up when you went into setup mode? That shouldn't have happened with a JR Tx!

Rebind the Rx and leave the sticks in teh position that you want them if/when you lose signal.

Stambo

I do hope the main blades are off. :)
Are you sure the throttle channel doesn't need to be reversed?

Thanks guys, I will check and do sll that soons I get back to the house. Blades were on so quite a surprise but I have it strapped into one of those holders that let you spin it up and actually "hover it" tethered to the sliding tripod

Alright got it!! Derek is right about the external BEC being plugged into the bind/data spot on my spektrum 6 channel rx. The key (as I tried it like that with no success) is the order of progression. I had to plug the BEC into THROTTLE with bind plug in the bind/data to actually BIND with the rx. Once bound immediately remove bind plug. THEN power down and pull the BEC out of throttle slot and insert into bind/data slot and plug the loose esc plug into the throttle spot. Turn on radio then connect battery and all is well. Thanks for input!!

Top Bottom