600 Motor still wont sart 550E

Karubah

I still can't get the motor to turn.(See gyro thread) Any ideas. Im using talon 90 esc and have set up the 3gx as best i can so far. I dont know if my tx isn't set up right(Dx8). Can anyone help with this? 3GX is V3. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
the gyro shouldn't have anything to do with the motor. What is your throttle curves? Are you sure your T-Hold is not on? I have to ask just to rule things out.

Karubah

Throttle curves are to your beginner settings. Hold is off. Esc is supposed to buzz when first activated but nothing.

Lee

If the motor doesn't beep, the esc, then its not getting a signal, or the motors not plugged into the esc. (hope its not that :D ) As Tony said, check the leads are plugged into the 3GX the correct way around.

Karubah

BEEEEEAUTY !!!!!!!.. I finally worked out what was wrong. There's a safety feature built into system. The motor won't spool up until you activate throttle hold and wait until ESC warbles, deactivate hold and your good to go. You have to do this every time you hook up power to the ESC. Found this out by accident. Not long now and this big bird will be in the air I hope. I'm still trying get the rudder set up right. :glee::glee::glee: cheers.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, really? Never heard of a safety feature like that. Glad you got it worked out though.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Wow, really? Never heard of a safety feature like that. Glad you got it worked out though.

Actually castle esc won't initialize till it sees absolute zero too.. With brain fbl I can program it to where esc sees absolute zero without TH. but in most cases you have to hit that and wait till it does its little music .. :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Yep its very odd to have the throttle stick at 1/2 before you plug it in. Its against the grain. But works well. Set the heli up and when you are read, lower the stick and it arms :D

Top Bottom