Quad Motor spins up at 1220

gbakakos

Hi,

I have an issue with the number 1 motor. It starts to spin at 1220. While all the others start to spin at 1060. I replaced the motor and also the Esc getting the same results. I'm using a CC3D board and OpenPilot. The motors are Emax MT2204 2300KV Brushless Motor and Emax SimonK 12A Brushless ESC's.Once it hits 1200 it seems to startup and are then in sync with the other motors. Any ideas. I used OpenPilot to calibrate a number of times.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, as long as you have the high and low endpoints, it should be just fine. But it is odd that the one motor/esc is off like that. Have you tried reflashing the board?

Lee

When you got to the motor spool up menu, did they all start up at the same number?

gbakakos

When you got to the motor spool up menu, did they all start up at the same number?

Hi Lee,

Motors 2,3 and 4 will start up together. Motor 1 will not start until close to mid-throttle or around 1250. I have replaced the CC3D, the ESC and Motor. I also un-soldered it all and re-soldered everything for Motor 1 again. Again I'm using OpenPilot.

Lee

When I set up mine, each motor when tested for idle speed in the wizard, will start at 1017 or 1117 can't remember which :) .
So in this menu, motor 1 starts at 1250?
All I can suggest, is to try the ESC calibration again. Until you get even spool up in the motor idle menu.
One other thing you could try is to do individual ESC calibration using the high stick low stick method.
It may work. Worth a try :)

Last edited:

gbakakos

I just upgraded and erased the CC3D board. Then ran the Setup again. Motor 1 still starts up at 1200 but when I save everthing and test the motor startup all together the motor now starts with the others. At the same time. Go figure. But the Output screen still shows that motor at 1210.

Output.jpg

When I set up mine, each motor when tested for idle speed in the wizard, will start at 1017 or 1117 can't remember which :) .
So in this menu, motor 1 starts at 1250?
All I can suggest, is to try the ESC calibration again. Until you get even spool up in the motor idle menu.
One other thing you could try is to do individual ESC calibration using the high stick low stick method.
It may work. Worth a try :)

Output.jpg

Top Bottom