Motors Motor mount ?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello. The last two time I went to fly my 450, the heli tip over to the right. Long story short, went through everything and came upon a bent motor mount. Can a bent motor mount cause enough vibration to mess with the FBL unit? I'm thinking the motor isn't sitting properly and causing vibration to making my heli tip over. I appreciate some help. :)

Tony

Staff member
What gyro are you running?

I don't see a bent motor mount causing a vibration. If your gear mesh is right (and I'm thinking it is, otherwise it would be very tight or very loose with a bent mount) then I don't see how it could cause a vibration. But stranger things have happened.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What gyro are you running?

I don't see a bent motor mount causing a vibration. If your gear mesh is right (and I'm thinking it is, otherwise it would be very tight or very loose with a bent mount) then I don't see how it could cause a vibration. But stranger things have happened.

Thanks Tony. I replace it anyway. I haven't had the chance to try it out but your right about strange things have happen. This could be one.

Tony

Staff member
Definitely, I would have replaced it as well. Don't want anything bent. Hopefully this will fix your issue. Most importantly though, it's time to find out WHY the motor mount bent. That is a hard piece to bend.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Definitely, I would have replaced it as well. Don't want anything bent. Hopefully this will fix your issue. Most importantly though, it's time to find out WHY the motor mount bent. That is a hard piece to bend.

Here you goIMG_0452.JPG. I don't know how but I did. It's alot cheesier then the one I put in. No wonder it bent.

IMG_0452.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
UP DATE: After replacing the bent motor mount," The motor wasn't perpendicular to the main gear mesh with bent mount". I'm not sure if the bent mount cause the vibration but it didn't help, probably. I spooled up the 450 and no vibration detected. Since the wind is freakin blowing, I decided to hover in the garage just to see if it will hover without any problem. She did swell! Lol Now I'll wait til the winds die down this evening around 7:30pm and really get a test flight in to see what happens. If not then a test flight first thing in the morning. It's always calm first thing in the morning.

murankar

Staff member
Given the way the mount is taco-ed you would have had to nose the heli in the dirt or cement on impact. That's the only way you could bend the motor mount like that. You could drive the tail in also but I dont think you will be able to drive it in hard enough to bend that part. You would have had to of had a direct hit on the motor mount.

Top Bottom