1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Motors Motor Hot

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by D.O.G., Jul 26, 2015.

< Castle Talon 90 problems | My esc keeps beeping >
  1. trainrider06

trainrider06 Active Member

Airlines
    Uh I have a stupid question....where do you adjust motor timing?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

It's located within the ESC parameters.

3. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Yes sir, I'm running 6s setup sorry for the lack of information.

4. holtneil

holtneil Active Member

Hi guys ELF means the target rpm is not stored in the ram data chip so is deleted after you power off ESC , so the next flight the ESC has to relearn the target rpm , so rpm can be different due to battery state of charge, in the other mode governor store the max rpm of the motor will be stored in the chip set ready for next flight and head speed will be the same no matter state of charge of the battery ( dont forget voltage cut off will kick in sooner on a low battery)
    The hobby king YAP does the same use a battery that is charged NO more than 4 volts a cell, remove the main and tail blades , now put ESC into store mode run heli to full throttle till motor rpm kicks , the esc has now learnt the max of the motor , now refit blades charge battery and set transmitter to 80% throttle the governor will now use the rpm left to keep the 80% head speed for the full flight
    The YAP also has active free wheeling so this help to give longer flight times as the motor is powered as its needed in flight ( this works so fast your never know its doing it ) my 500 pro is getting 10 mins on a 6 cell 3000mah

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  5. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thanks holtneil. I had no idea what elf meant. I'll have to give that a try. Will that still work with the Hobbywing 50a V3 also? I gave up on the yep esc. I know there good esc but everyone I have "4" had the little capacitors fall out from them. That i9s some useful information their holtneil. I'll have to try that when the rain stop. :( 10 min flight time, that's awesome. I only have 1200mah on my 6s. So is 6mins flight time is OK or with this method, will I get more flight time? The esc default is ELF. Should I go back and program the ESC to elf mode instead of Gov. off or leave it where I have it at... "Gov. Off"? Thanks :)

6. holtneil

holtneil Active Member

Hi mate in basic terms if you set up in governor store once it knows the motors max speed it will save this in the ram chip till you change it , its best to use a battery at 4.0 volts a cell will give the governor head room to keep head speed
    To get the better flight times you need an active free wheel ESC and a bigger MAH on the one you have set up on governor store like i said use a battery thats charged to 4.0 volts a cell remove all blades use linear curve in transmitter for the set up , run motor to max in about 5 seconds or so the motor will give a little kick , this means its not stored the max rpm of the motor
    Now set up transmitter to about 80% flat line the ESC will now keep the head speed the same for the whole flight , The ESC will run the same head speed every flight as its stored in its chip set

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Extreme Sports Instructor
    Going back to your motor temp ?, I run Scorpion in my Goblin.
    After a flight, I can't touch the can at all. It would burn my finger :D
    I want an Xnova :)

8. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thanks Lee, I'm going for it and spend the extra $$$ for the Xnova. Just for that reason, Scorpion motors runs HOT! Supposedly has more power also. Will see. Thanks everyone. :)

< Castle Talon 90 problems | My esc keeps beeping >