Motors motor edge 540t

As the title states i have the edge540t 50". I have the the whole plane ready to fly except for one item"the motor"

the motor that is called for is the "42-50-800"

My question is, where can i buy the motor online, other then from great planes.There is a few LHS here where i am, but the price is a little high.I know from my past history ordering things online can and most of the time are cheaper then the LHS. Becides each LHS here has to order in the motor, which brings up the orginal price.

What im saying is . What site can i get the motor at a good price.As stated above, i know about great planes.Other then them or HK what is a good site i can go to

Tony

Staff member
Is this the same GreatPlanes Edge 540T that I have (white with blue and purple)? If so, go to hobby partz and get the .32 size Bigfoot motor. that is what I'm running with a 2200 4s battery. I'm spinning a 13x8 prop with it as well and it will do anything you want it to.

Motor- Tacon Big Foot 32 Brushless Out Runner Motor for Airplane (770KV)

I HIGHLY suggest this ESC, it's also what I'm running

HobbyWing Platinum-60A Brushless ESC for Trex 450/500

With that setup, nothing even gets warm hardly.

But if this is not yoru plane, let me know. The 800kv of the motor you posted tells me that what I posted will work, or should, but need to know the exact plane. Post a link.

Hey Tony it is the same that you have.I looked on the link for the motor that you said. The 42-50-800 is a 800 KV is what i want if not more KV.I would like to have something like 1000KV

Tony

Staff member
On this plane, trust me, that motor I linked to is MORE than enough power for this plane. and trust me, it doesn't need the higher kv, it needs the torque of the lower kv. Get that motor and ESc and you will be happy. Trust me.

Top Bottom