700 Motor Choices For Goblin 700

Cybervanes

I'm curious, what are the benefits of going with motors with can sizes 4525 or 4530 compared to the slew of motors with 4025 & 4030 can sizes for 700 size helis?

I looking for the right motor for my goblin and the scorpion 4525 with 520kv seems to everybody's favorite but I cant find one. So I've been looking at the 4035 with 530kv. According to amainhobbies its for 700 size helis but what is so better about the 4530? Wouldn't I benefit from the higher RMP?

Thanks in advance for the 700 heli wisdom! ;)

murankar

Staff member
The scorpion brand is top shelf quality. As far as can size goes I can't tell you. When I looked at my motors I looked at the kv and wattage.

murankar

Staff member
I am on a 450 pro, I have an under powered and kv motor right now. I have the exceed helium 3000kv at 300 watts. On July 1 I will be buying a scorpion myself. The scorpion is a 3595kv at 475 watts. I will be looking at close to 3000 rpm when at full stick. Jamie could guide you further as to which motor to get.

Click Here and check out these scorpions. These are the HK45 series motors. The very first one is showing a 30 day back order.

jamiem

I'd be cautious about going for one of the super sized motors personally. Thry are big, heavy, and very current hungry. Keep it light and reap the rewards of a better power to weight ratio. I only have an Align 700mx 510kv in mine, but it's got a ton of power. Possibly consider either an Align 750mx or Scorpion 4503-530.

Tony

Staff member
Jamie fat fingered that one hahaha. Great motor choice. now if I could just even afford to dream about owning one of these lol. A grand for just the kit, :shocked:

jamiem

Jamie fat fingered that one hahaha. Great motor choice. now if I could just even afford to dream about owning one of these lol. A grand for just the kit, :shocked:

The perils of using an iPhone ;) I've got 8 packs charged, plus 7 for my 550, can't wait for the morning :D

Tony

Staff member
Thankfully it's windy as hell here. But I'm stuck at work this weekend so it's best to be crappy flying weather lol.

Lee

Just come back from flying my 600 again. I need more power. 8S set up i think next. Haven't forgotten about video Tony. At the moment i can hardly open the forum, never mind upload videos.

jamiem

Lee, bite the bullet and do it properly - go 12s. The pack choice is much higher, the packs will be much less stressed, and the power system will run cooler and make everything last way longer. It doesn't have to have a mental headspeed, but it will last you way longer than the machine ever will :)

Lee

I have a friend with the same heli. He has flown it on 6,8,10,and 12S and reckons the 8S is the best power to weight ratio. I also just bought a quad that flys on 4S so i can use the packs for that too. Thanks for the advice. I hope to have 700 maybe next year so 12S will be coming my way soon. Spent my RC budget for this year already :D

murankar

Staff member
I need to go out side right now. the wind report says 2 mph. I need to test s theory out. Damn the coffee just finished, choices, choices; coffee wins.

Tony

Staff member
You need one of those beer hats that is filled with the coffee you just made. Best of both worlds. Well, until you have to pee that is lmao.

Top Bottom