General more info from rchn v2, head speed

murankar

Staff member
The last few shows the hosts have been talking about head speed lately. Not so much as a topic but as a quick topic.

Today on the show nick maxwell was talking about his head speed. He stated that he was trying to get down to 1950 but his esc; C.C. won't go that low and the lowest he can get is 1980. This is how all his birds run.

Now why do you ask, to learn how to fly. All the hosts have stated the same thing. I think the general consensus is "lower the head speed and learn how to fly your heli".

Other benefits of this is to learn your heli and to spot issues with setup.

My challenge to RCH is to lower your head speed and learn how to fly. If you want to know this weeks episode is 100. Lots of great interviews.

Derek

Thanks for the link. I just clicked on it and it's just giving audio. Is there no video? Forgive me! Never heard of a podcast.

murankar

Staff member
All audio no video. It great if you have a smart phone or something that plays pod casts. Its my new radio station in car. Love it, lots of great advise and they will even admit when they put out false info. I have gone as far back as episode 79. I also heard the episode that Lee was mentioned in, at the end of the show.

Derek

no video, eh? That's a bummer! My attention span is very selective. I'm always looking for new and helpful information, but I find it difficult to focus on audio only. I'll try it.

murankar

Staff member
Once you start listening to it you might think different. I like to listen to past episodes when I am washing dishes or cleaning the kitchen. I have tried the videos buy I get side tracked from the task at hand. The last "cleaning" video was Bert kramerer building the gobby 500. That was right after he posted the video.

Tony

Staff member
I'm with Derek on this one. I have listened to them before and usually their podcast is an hour long, but there is only about 15 minutes worth of information in them. The rest is boring banter that I don't care to listen to. Granted, I listened to only one, but that is all it took to turn me off to them. I like straight forward information that is detailed.

I may give them another shot though, they may have gotten better.

murankar

Staff member
In that sense no. But their main topic is usually in the third segment after the news. Today's episode was at sonomish funfly, lots of interviews with top pilots. Nick maxwell, Gregor McGrath and the a main team, matt bodos just to name a few.

The intro is all banter about the last week, seg 2 is their version of the news and seg 3 is the topic and any interviews. The show now runs from 1.5 to just over 2 hours except the show with Bert kramerer. That show was almost 3 hours because of the interview.

pvolcko

I listen to them while mowing the lawn, washing the car, while at work (if it's a quiet day with low interruptions), etc. Treat it like talk radio, only about heli's instead of politics. :)

Top Bottom