Monopoly over prices

crashbash

Hi guys, after searching a HK web site I noticed that most of the nine eagles micro range will not be shipped to most places in europe (except uk) the reason, as the importing agents in these countries have the monopoly they can inflate the cost considerably, add the distribution cost and final local HS profit and the cost from start to finish has virtually doubled.
Another instance, I bought a lipo charger from the local HS when I turned this on the screen led me to believe it was a different model, sure enough when I removed the sticker off the face a different make was found, sold much cheaper in other countries, I was not pleased.
Now I know that profits have to be made but do these companies not realize that to survive in todays climate they need to be have realistic prices.

Rant over

Rob

Tony

Staff member
I agree, and this happens all over the place. I think China and the UK are some of the highest though. It would be nice to have a set "worldwide" price no matter where it's going.

Lee

The only place i buy things from Rob, is Todo Hobby in Jerez. They stock HK parts. Its more expensive but its right there. I bought some motors for my Quad from them $14. From HK $9

crashbash

Been there its not a bad shop worth a peek if your in the area, I bought a few tools and stuff the last time I was in there, they also have a small outlet in Chiclana, don't know how long that will last.
There web sites not bad either as spanish standards go, but alot of stuff is not in stock but can be ordered.

Regards Rob

Lee

When did they open in Chiclana? Where is it? That one in Eroski supermarket moved or closed down, but it was way too expensive. Back in 2 weeks and lots of toys to play with :D

crashbash

Todo Hobby has a small unit in Eroski, (different unit than the last HS) opened for the christmas period but is still there. I was in there today but they have not got much stock as it only a small unit.
The original HS from Eroski moved due to a high rent increase, but like you said they were expensive, and when I spoke to them they couldn't match the prices I could buy from elsewhere (including shipping) because of the way they had to source there stock ie through main importers, they moved to a different location but shut down a few months later,
Will you be on the same tel no, pm me on here if different.

Regards Rob

Lee

I fly home on the 27th. Be in El puerto de Santa Maria for a few days then down to Tarifa to find a house. I will get a new mobile when i get home so i'll send you the number.

Lee

Yes. I was just there for the season. Now its back to Spain and my Helicopters :D

Top Bottom