Spektrum Model Match general question

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Today we were hanging at my buddy's and he decided to hover his Blade 120 in the garage. With his DX6i he selected what he thought was the 120 but in fact it was his trex 450. The system connected and he spooled it up noemal and lifted off, gave a right input and the model went right hard and crashed. My question is why did it connect if he selected the wrong model. Ive done this with my tx and and no connection at all. Just wondering if someone knew why this could happen

john2012

Banned
Well my felling is that he never unpluged the 450 and with it being that,Well enought said the 450 was binded to the tx and not the 120 make sure you unplug the model first then the tx and it won't happen??? remember saftey first man?

Slobberdog

Today we were hanging at my buddy's and he decided to hover his Blade 120 in the garage. With his DX6i he selected what he thought was the 120 but in fact it was his trex 450. The system connected and he spooled it up noemal and lifted off, gave a right input and the model went right hard and crashed. My question is why did it connect if he selected the wrong model. Ive done this with my tx and and no connection at all. Just wondering if someone knew why this could happen

It might be that the 120 does not have model match, if its an older one anyway,

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
From the 120 manual:
Additional Binding Information
Prior to each flight, power on your transmitter and wait about five seconds before you plug the flight battery into the
receiver. This allows time for the transmitter to scan and secure two open frequencies. If you plug the flight
battery in too quickly and miss the link, the receiver may inadvertently enter bind mode. If this occurs leave the
transmitter on, then disconnect and reconnect the flight battery.
Please avoid binding near large metal objects (furniture, vehicles, etc.), and binding with the transmitter too near
the aircraft. Please bind with transmitter at least 50cm (2 feet) from aircraft.

I didnt know this but he turned off the tx and turned it back on while the heli was plugged in because it wouldn't connect. Now that makes sense

Top Bottom