Spektrum Mode 1 or Mode 2

bmandery

I am brand new to this hobby. 3 weeks to be exact, I am looking to purchase my first radio and have had lots of questions that have been answered with by YouTube, hobby sites or reading manuals. The biggest question that I was running into was MODE 1 or MODE 2?? I didn't know what this meant. I looked and looked. I was just about to post on here if someone couple please explain the difference.. Then just when I was about to submit. I found an article explaining the difference. I am certainly not the first person to ask this question, nor will I be the last. So here is a link that I think explains it very well. http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/2105-mode-1-vs-mode-2-article

Thanks,
Brad

murankar

Staff member
Almost everyone in the states runs mode 2 such as myself.

Other countries run mode 1 like south Korea for one. I know they do because I just left there about 3 months ago.

I personally would recommend mode 2. Then again its a personal choice. If you decide on mode 1 you will need to let us know that so we can give info specific to mode 1 when asking for help. Otherwise we will think your on mode 2.

RandyDSok

As mentioned... which mode you select will be a personal choice in the end...

For someone new to the hobby, I'd recommend that they find out what is used most commonly in their location and use that since it will be easier for a local teacher to assist you while you learn. So find a local club to join, ask the members which mode they are using... and learn using that mode.

Top Bottom