Servos Mixing servos?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi all, I'm wondering if it's ok to install Analog servos for the cyclic and digital for the tail on my Tarot 450DFC/AR7200BX/CC Talon 35a. I'm in the process of ordering new digtal servos all the way around. I just want to fly around while waiting til my new parts be ordered and don't want to put my bird in the air, if mixing Analog cyclic servo "Corona CS 929 MG" and for the tail I'm using "Fusonic MGD 9257", will cause my bird to react differently or even crash? I would also appreciatel some feed back on new servos for the same bird. I was thinking KST DS 215MG, MKS DS 92A+ and Align DS 525M not sure but can always use some suggestions please. Thank you

Tony

Staff member
No, you need to run digital servos on the cyclic with the 7200bx. But, you can use different servos for the cyclic and tail, but again, the tail needs to be digital as well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
So i will be able to to use Align DS415M for the Ail/Pitt and for Ele/Rudd I'm using Fusonic, which is a digtal so will that be ok combination to fly?

pvolcko

Ail/Ele/Pit servos should all be the same. They need to have matched specs. Tail can be different (usually faster but less torque than the cyclic servos).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks everyone I'm just going to give up and place my order for new servos so i cant go wrong. I'm going to order Aligns DS416M for my cyclic from Heli Direct and bight the bullet.

- - - Updated - - -

The way i'm going my Tarot will turn into and Align all said and done. Tony right again.
Thanks everyone I'm just going to give up and place my order for new servos so i cant go wrong. I'm going to order Aligns DS416M for my cyclic from Heli Direct and bight the bullet.

Tony

Staff member
Tony's always right... hehehehehe. Not always.

You will be happy when you spend the money on the electronics. Tail booms, blades and such are disposable items, but the electronics are an investment in the model. Might as well do it right the first time, or you are going to do it all again soon. Let us know what you think of the bird once you have quality electronics on it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Give credit where credit is do! Your the Man. Electronics is an investment and I'm glad that i up grated all my electronics and ready for real servos. I will up date once my servos arrive and installed Wed, i hope. Thanks again! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Give credit where credit is do! Your the Man. Electronics is an investment and I'm glad that i up grated all my electronics and ready for real servos. I will up date once my servos arrive and installed Wed, i hope. Thanks again! :)
Should i order Align DS416M or DS425 for cyclic?

Tony

Staff member
The DS425 is a tail servo and doesn't have enough torque for the cyclic. If you have a pro 450, then get a 500 size tail servo, like the DS525 for the tail. Much better than the 425 in holding power.

Top Bottom