MiniQuad Oops Files

Stambo

A compilation of the not so successful parts of my weekend flights.
With all these crashes, I replaced only 2 props and 4 zip ties which I use to hold my motors on. I also had to replace the sticky foam under my Mobius mount. I lost 1 of the isolation balls in a "previous incident".
This MiniQuad is by far the most enjoyment I have had in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is absolutely brilliant, your a gluten for those trees Stambo, amazing video... You just keep going back don't you.... Haha..

stokke

Haha :D Nice video, Stambo. I see FPV'ing through obstacles is not learnt over night LOL :D :D

Graham Lawrie

Brilliant Stambo:) looks like you had masses of fun:) love the laughing at the crashes:) cant wait to get mine in the air:)

Stambo

Brilliant Stambo:) looks like you had masses of fun:) love the laughing at the crashes:) cant wait to get mine in the air:)

I figure crashing is all part of the learning experience.
If you can't laugh about a crash then MiniQuad proximity FPV may not be the right thing to try. :)
That was definitely a fun weekend.
I really can't comprehend how guys like BlackoutTheDrunk, juz70, vegetoast1 and metalldanny can get through trees and obstacles so fast.
All I can say is they must have crashed a lot along the way. :)

So when are we going to see your maiden??

Graham Lawrie

If you can't laugh about a crash then MiniQuad proximity FPV may not be the right thing to try. :)
I really can't comprehend how guys like BlackoutTheDrunk, juz70, vegetoast1 and metalldanny can get through trees and obstacles so fast.

My FC was faulty position 2 would not spool up the motor:( sent back to supplier and he confirmed my findings:) which was a plus for me as it meant i am doing everything right on the build:)
There is a delay of a week in the supply to him from Japan and he has offered alternatives, but i am happy to wait for what i ordered as i can work with it.
That said she is all good to go when i add the board. Everything is ready including me:) so just waiting......and waiting .....

Stambo

That waiting is a killer.
I have just ordered some more stuff from China.
I am playing the same waiting game.
I am going to put an external aerial on my Taranis.
I have a setup for my FPV that puts the video RX outside my vehicle.
I have a slightly higher gain aerial coming that has a lead and a magnetic base.
I want to chase my truck down the road with the MiniQuad while someone else drives it and I sit in the passenger seat with my goggles and TX. :)
Then perhaps the AXN will get a go from a bit higher up. :)

Whatever the result there WILL be video. :)

Ken Jackson

Seemed like you would get too close to something and then over correct was the problem. The grass, well that I have no explanation for. You'll get it.

Ken

Stambo

Seemed like you would get too close to something and then over correct was the problem. The grass, well that I have no explanation for. You'll get it.

Ken

It's all about learning. Many crashes = much learning.
That's my story and I'll stick to it. :)
The grass needed mowing, I was trying to oblige. :biggrin1:

Ken Jackson

I've certainly had my share of learning. My TRex 500 is build 22. (+/- 2) but it was my first over $500 RC item. It's probably seen at least $2,000 plus dollars since the original purchase. I would crash go to the hobby parts store and fix it and fly it again. It was easier with Blade helis because I had excellent access to parts.

But like you I also liked the WL Toy line. I had a V911 fixed pitch and after I bought it I finally felt like I was flying. Not hovering around. It is in my retired heli display case in my living room. It is one of the most fun, realistic flying, inexpensive helicopters made. It was fast and responsive, little crazy for indoor flight but possible. After that I was confident enough to buy a Blade SR. A buddy gave me his old Honeybee King II and a blade 400 about the same time. Spent lots of money crashing those three helis. I still have both of them in a box with lots of parts. Didn't figure they were worth much after 2 guys learning on them.

Hope to have my 450 PRO back together soon. Only crashed that helicopter once but it took out all three cyclic servos and I just haven't had the dollars to fix it.

Ken

Top Bottom