Miniquad Mobius vid.

Stambo

I could not wait, the wind outside is shocking but I just had to try it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Graham Lawrie

That looks not bad:) need to get a Mobius:) It sounds like a cross between formula one car and a swarm of flys:) A Formula 1 fly:)

Lee

Sweet Stambo. We are all going to have to meet up, one of these days, and do some miniquad racing :)

Stambo

I am tyring to upload a video but youtube is so slow at the moment.
Last time I looked it said 988 minutes remaining.
It's a less than 1Gig video on a 1megabit per second upload.
That should not take 15 hours, what the heck!!

3 days worth of flying, 10 battery packs at about 8 minutes each all condensed in to a 16 minute video.
At the start the video was really shaky but as I adjusted the Naze32 flight controller things got smoother.
Having finally got some more flight batteries it's good to be able to fly 4 or 5 times in a row, instead of 1 flight then wait for battery to charge.
It has made a heap of difference as far as confidence goes.
First part of the video is fairly tame, but as I got more flight time and confidence, I started taking a few more risks.
That low flying and proximity stuff, what a rush.

Graham Lawrie

Sounds good:) I have the same problem everytime with YT:( i leave it uploading overnight:( I have got a mobius for mine if it ever arrives:)

Stambo

When you get it, I will give you some links to set it up for aerial use.
It makes quite a difference to your vids.
You got the wide angle one right?

I have given up on the upload, I will take it in to my workshop tomorrow, I have fibre, 50Mbps down and 20mbps upload there.
Can't get that at home otherwise I would have it.

Last edited:

Stambo

Finally got it uploaded.
Much quicker when you have a 20mbps upload.
I know it's quite long but it is about 80 mins (10 battery packs) worth of video compressed in to 16mins.
It shows the progress with my flying as well as camera stability improvements from tweaking the Naze32.
I start getting fairly brave towards the end, I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. :)
I suggest turning the volume down as I forgot to do that while editing the video.

MiniQuadFPV3 - YouTube

Last edited:
Awesome flying there Stambo, nearly went down twice there. You were lucky when you hit that plant during low flying... Very brave, but looks great

Stambo

These things are so much fun, I want to go do it again but it's wet and windy out there.
That plant thing was not an issue, it was really dry but also really soft.
I have been zipping around the paddock hitting them on purpose.
The other was a bit of "Dumb thumb" which I managed to recover from. :)

We just started daylight saving here so an extra hour of light after work is gonna be great as soon as this weather improves.
Trouble is I will spend too much time flying instead of destroying more of that gorse in my back paddocks. :)

Our clocks go to winter at the end of the month, so that's less light for us, buga eh. I'll need some lights on heli soon...lol.

Looking forward to seeing some more flying there bro

Graham Lawrie

Long video, but you can see the changes in the video:) will be great for me when i start to build mine if it ever arrives:)

Stambo

Long video, but you can see the changes in the video:) will be great for me when i start to build mine if it ever arrives:)

You will have a very similar setup so will be able to reap the benefits of my hours trawling the net for information. :)

Now that I am happier with how it flies I will be getting out to some new scenery.
We have a beautiful little country here and I am sure you all will be a bit bored with my little property. :)
It was good at defaults for normal LOS flight but is much better now for the video.
I will probably set up another profile later on for more aggressive flying where I don't really care about smooth video.

Top Bottom