MINI CP Maiden flight test

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Did my maiden flight, but really twitchy. Testing in normal mode. I couldn't even do FFF and turn with out crashing.:hopelessness: Hover was okay but like I said with any AILE it was really twitchy...

Settings:

Normal
DR - 70%
EXPO - 35%
GYR - 62%
PITCH L -15%
1/2 INH
M 0%
3/4 INH
H 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Those small CP helis are very twitchy anyway. Especially inside with little space to spread your wings. I have just as much trouble indoors with mine MCPX even though outside i can throw it around like nobodies business.
Practice practice is all it takes. Your settings look fine except you don't mention Aile Expo. I assume its the same as your Elev. Maybe up the expo to 40% and see if that helps.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Those small CP helis are very twitchy anyway. Especially inside with little space to spread your wings. I have just as much trouble indoors with mine MCPX even though outside i can throw it around like nobodies business.
Practice practice is all it takes. Your settings look fine except you don't mention Aile Expo. I assume its the same as your Elev. Maybe up the expo to 40% and see if that helps.

The settings for DR/Expo were for both Aile and Elev. What will adding more % to GYRO do. and should norm and IU gyro settings be the same.

Lee

Expo desensitises the stick around centre so your little accidental movements of them are not transfered to the heli. Too much expo will dull the feelings completely and cause the heli to become very sluggish to your inputs.
Gyro in Norm and IU can be the same in those small helis unless you see a difference in the tail control from one to the other. On my bigger helis, i have a lower gyro gain in IU, because the Headspeed is higher, the tail has more authority so doesn't need to be as sensitive. But its only a couple of % difference.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Expo desensitises the stick around centre so your little accidental movements of them are not transfered to the heli. Too much expo will dull the feelings completely and cause the heli to become very sluggish to your inputs.
Gyro in Norm and IU can be the same in those small helis unless you see a difference in the tail control from one to the other. On my bigger helis, i have a lower gyro gain in IU, because the Headspeed is higher, the tail has more authority so doesn't need to be as sensitive. But its only a couple of % difference.

Thanks I will work on more programming and flying.

Top Bottom