450 Min/max Pitch?

murankar

Staff member
You'll hear it, and its more of climb out/punch out. Hit the throttle hard for a second or two and you may hear the head speed slow down. If the gov gain is not right you will hear the pitch (auditable pitch) change in the blades.

Thrust me you'll hear the bogging. I am working 2 jobs today so I may not be able to get a video of what it could sound like. Plus I think its going to be crappy all day today.

As for the jittering, that maybe a head tune issue. If its a fast fitter then lower the P gain, If its a slow jitter it could be a low I gain. Slow jittering or oscillation (toilet bowling) is a hunting of the FBL. Fast jittering is an over correction of the FBL.

Last edited:

Rob Lancaster

Punch the throttle/pitch hard for 1/2 seconds,,,, oh man this fly bared 450 will be as high as the 2700ft Ko'olau mountains in my back yard, ha!! Welllll,,,, maybe not that high.....
Yeah seems to be a slow oscillation in the tail so maybe the I gain may need a touched up. Note: she's not toilet bowling though..
Very interesting because the I and P gains are the things I don't understand about my new equipment. I'm glad I got the P-BOX. If I need a computer link for the gyro, I'll get one...

Hey! Have a nice day!! If possible>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Rster...

murankar

Staff member
Fly bared helis have other issues in regards to toilet bowl effect. Usually a bent shaft.

On a fly bar heli you can get away with a curve instead of a governor. That will simplify a whole lot of stuff. Start at 80 80 75 80 80. Its still going to bog but not to bad. Good collective management will be your best friend.

If you still want a governor then run the hobbywing esc. It will be the easiest one to set up and give you the least amount of problems.

Tony

Staff member
Sloppy connections in the head will also cause a "toilet bowl" issue as well. My old SE V2 which is no more (drove it into the ground under power, but had fun doing it lol) had to be flown at 100% throttle to keep from this issue.

Rob Lancaster

Yes, yes, I got a Hobbywing Platinum V4 60A with the P-Box.. I love it...
Hey I took the 450 out today and started to play with the gyro settings again. I did manage to reduce the tail kick by quite a bit. The setting now on my DX8 is 56.0 on stunt 1... Not much bog either.. the throttle curve is 75 75 73 75 75. Pitch is full linear, 0-100... I'll keep at it but still think that other adjustments will be needed. All and all she does fly good. The only other problem is all the bug guts that coat the leading edges of the blades; ha!
Keep it come'n men!
Rster...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rster. Might sound silly but wipe Pam cooking spray on your blades and that will keep the bugs off.

Rob Lancaster

Wow; that sounds good.
With all the insects in the air this time of year, the ole blades can get a bit gory, HA! Oh yes,, he he heee....

And for my next act,, a bird strike; that's very possible here in Haiku. I got the guy up the road with pigeons. There's squadrons of wild tiny rice birds and finches of all kinds that can and do come out of no where. I've had the birds like a school of fish, all divide in half at the last second avoiding the aircraft. I as you can imagine, I yipped out; OH MAN! This is my airspace! Whew! Hey, I got nav lights so I don't want to here some liberal say; ban RC aircraft because they MURDER birds!...………. I love birds, I love anything that flies; except insects...……. Bees are cool except if a traveling queen is on the move and her millions of guards decide to scare the s%*&#t out of Rob! Got two broken ribs out of that visit! Damn them!! HA!!

Pam you say, I have all kinds..
Any particular viscosity?
Just kidding, I'll try it for sure.
Thanks,
Rster...

Tony

Staff member
Red on the blades is just signs you have been flying. Green on the blades is signs that you have been having a blast flying...

Rob Lancaster

Hey, hey, the Pam seems to work great.
Man it's been windy for the last several days but slowing again. After a bit of rain today I had to take it out and fly it again. The head is dialed in great; the blades are tracking great and I have a nice 13 degrees + and neg pitch.

Just one more thing to be solved..
I'm going to start another thread for that so we can stay on target. (Tail Kick)…
Thanks guys!
Rob...

Top Bottom