Milton Mod :)

Graham Lawrie

I read Dereks thread on his 600 and looked up the "Milton Mod" part. Not sure if anyone has posted on this yet, but I thought it was such a good idea I would post a picture.

Basicall for those who dont know it is putting a cable tie or zip tie as they say over the Pond, through a fuel tube or similar to strap down your reciever/gyrp to reduce vibration:) Simple but genius I thought:)

Milton Mod 1.JPG

Milton Mod 1.JPG

Derek

I was going to make a full post on this but I had forgotten, lol. Glad you brought it up, Graham! I first heard about this from Dirk. He mentioned it. I google'd it and read about it. It seems that many many people are doing this with great success. When I get my 600 all setup, I will be doing this same thing to securely be sure that my Ikon is stable.

Slobberdog

Got to credit the picture to Westy after the house demo that the GOBBY done, should find that picture in one of his threads in there somewhere, dang that's such a while ago now,

Although Gabba brought the mod to the forum in the ikon sl thread started by Xokia when he was trying the gyro.

Derek

Yeah, the Zeal tape has been used because it's rather squishy. Once you run a ziptie through the rubber fuel tubing and pull the ziptie snug, you will be pressing the gyro down into the Zeal tape just a little bit. I've read several comments saying that people have had great success with this method with other gyro's, as well.

pvolcko

Wow, expensive stuff! :) I've used foam pad and the 3M gel tape (the extra piece I sent you Derek!) for FBL mounts. Can't say I've noticed a difference. But I haven't run into FBL vibration issues so far in my flying and building.

Derek

Yeah...that stuff is pretty expensive is comparison to other stuff. I'm just gonna double up on the 3M heavy duty sticky foam that I've been using. Ziptie and fuel tubing and done.

Dirk

Hi Paul,

The squishy gel is more aimed at the Ikon and Brain if you want to get the self level to work. Apparently the Ikon/Brain uses a separate set of accelerometers when you activate the self level function, and they do not tolerate vibrations very well. The "Milton Mod" sorts this problem out and makes the self level function work consistently.

Under normal circumstances, the Ikon/Brain can be epoxied to the helicopter frame and it will not be fazed by vibrations!

Top Bottom