Micro Microheli upgrade parts

Slobberdog

A while ago I bought a microheli pro tail set for my 130x, it's a lovely machined but the bearings in it are shocking, I have had maybe 90 mins of flight time on this bird, and the two bearings that support the tail output shaft are gone, I have had to change 1 previously but now the second one is going along with the one I had replaced, not a happy bunny at all,

I only noticed it as I had a vibe displaying on the tail fin, and a little humming noise developing.

The one thing I will say is thier customer support is first rate, sent some emails and have a new tail assy on its way to me,

So when it gets here I am going to strip out the bearings and put Lynx bearings in it as I have those already here, and see if that gives me more longevity,

treff

That little heli needs more maintenance than my Silver Cloud Kev LOL When does the rain stop Kev? Been thinking of buying floats for the fleet LOL Cheers

heli-maniac

Sounds like the gear mesh may be a little tight if its only make it to 20 flights
I put the Xtreme tail box on mine when I first got it no problems out of the bearings
But it also has radial bearings not flanged bearings like the rest have
And my gear mesh with all metal gears is super smooth

Slobberdog

Gear mesh is good, just think the bearings are rubbish, when new box arrives I will be putting lynx bearings in it

cml001

Was that the complete tail set w the aluminum slider "arms"... Not having to use the blade plastic one?... I bought my tail set all seperate... They didn't offer the complete set then.. And no arms, had to use oem plastic ones...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and u have to buy the whole new slider from blade to get the arms... And I don't see where micro sells just the arms either alone or w their slider.. Just w the complete tail set.. And of course mine has been wore out for 2 mths now.. What to do

Slobberdog

Well the new item arrived and it's brand new and it's no good, I have not even opened the box and know it's no good, but to be fair it's not all to do with Microheli as much as to do with me,

It came back RED doh.......

So have spoken to the shop I bought the original from and he said he had a silver one he would swap me, but I don't know whether I wanted it so he said he would buy it off me, so am having a store credit and getting lynx stuff instead.

And while he was on the phone we spoke about me wanting a bigger bird and he offered me a new 550 with 100 quid or 160$ off, whenever I am ready to buy he only offers this to returning customers, bang on deal, that's why I keep going back to him, great stuff and brill customer service.

cn63bug

Well the new item arrived and it's brand new and it's no good, I have not even opened the box and know it's no good, but to be fair it's not all to do with Microheli as much as to do with me,

It came back RED doh.......

Hey Kev. At least they replaced it for you. Haven't had any trouble with the bearings on mine yet. The tail shaft is a different story though. Had a lot of trouble getting help from microheli in regards to the weak tail shafts. I will say that the mod that I did combining the hub and stock shaft is still holding up rather well.

Slobberdog

Nice, mod that, I tried it but split the "T" bit of the assy when I removed the pin from the shaft, yeah liked it in the first place but after that it has gone down hill,

Top Bottom