FBL Gyro Microbeast Plus

Smoggie

I've no experience with the Microbeast. Personally I much prefer a PC type setup interface rather than the cryptic blinky LED's that the Microbeast uses but i know that many people swear by them. I'm sure if you follow the manual methodically it will be easy enough. Tony has a good video for the Microbeast.

Matt

I’ve looked at the Ikon 2 videos online and the setup is though the PC. I was going to get an Ikon 2.

Smoggie

The Microbeast and the ikon are both great FBL, as are a few others. Choice to some extend comes down to personal preference. The ikon does have the advantage that it comes with self levlling stabilisation and 'rescue' out of the box. With the Microbeast you have to pay about $100 to add those features.

Matt

I just went through the setup for the Microbeast Plus. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Initially I got stuck on the receiver type set up. Once I got past that part the rest was easy. I don't know what all the parameters are for but I'll figure them out..

Matt

That’s a great video. Didn’t realize the AR7200BX and the Microbeast Plus had the same setup. I went through the setup on my Microbeast and it wasn’t too bad. Not too difficult to figure out

Tony

Staff member
You are exactly right. It is confusing to see all of those menu's at first, but once you do it a few times, it becomes second nature. Glad you got it all setup.

Matt

Do I have to set the servo sub trim in the Microbeast? Does the sub trim in the Tx work or is it menu item L in the Microbeast?

Matt

There is a wicked vibration in my heli. I’m not sure where it could be. My gyro gain is set at 28.5%. Any ideas? Main gear? Not sure

Smoggie

Is this the heli you crashed? If it's been crashed and it started vibrating only after the crash then most likely something is bent and/or a bearing is damaged. Feathering shaft, main shaft and tail shafts are all items to check carefully after a crash. You really need to go over the heli with a fine tooth comb and check every part that spins.

Matt

This is the heli I crashed. It was a controlled crash. I believe it is either the one way bearing or the main shaft. The one way bearing spins backwards. I’m guessing this is normal as though I don’t remember it not spinning backwards. But if it’s not supposed to spin backwards I’m guessing it’s broke

Tony

Staff member
The OWB will allow the main gear to "unlock" from the main shaft so it can auto but allowing the motor to stop. However, if you crashed this helicopter, it is likely the main shaft, feathering shaft and likely the tail shaft are all bent.

Smoggie

If the main shaft is bent then 9 times out of 10 the feathering shaft will be bent too.. it's thinner so bends easier than the main shaft. Check them all.

Matt

The tail shaft connected to the tail blades is bent. The main shaft and feathering shaft are fine. I’m in the process of replacing the tail shaft

Tony

Staff member
Did you pull your main and feathering shafts out and roll them on glass? For the feathering shaft you can actually check them quite easily with it in the head.

Matt

The main shaft was bent too. A slight bend. I replaced it. I’m going to replace the feathering shaft too. Hopefully I’ll be up and running soon. Nice weather up here

Top Bottom