450 micro iKon Flybarless Controller -Align Trex 450

ecruz64

Hi guys,

I just setup my 450 with the micro iKon and everything is looking good. It looks/acts like its big brother. My question is regarding throttle/pitch curves on the transmitter. I'm thinking that my throttle curves should be set to 30-60-100 (I elected to not use the governor) but I'm not sure what to do with my pitch curve. Do I leave it linear? Curious what others did with their transmitter. Oh, by the way, I'm using a DX9.

Finally, after watching the how-to video on setting up auto bailout from icon's website I find myself more confused then ever! It talks about using mixing features with the hold switch and spooling up in two different position, hada,hada, blah, blah. My head was spinning. Can't I just simply assign a switch from the transmitter to the appropriate aux from the iKON, then in the ikon software click on auto bailout in what ever flight mode I want? Done? Seems to simple.

Thanks guys, I would appreciate any feedback

E

Tony

Staff member
With the DX9, you can run a 3 point curve if you want. I have always set my throttle curves up in normal with 0 45 70 70 70 or something like that. It gives you a nice spool up, but also gives you a flat curve while you are flying for more stability. Then just run a flat curve for IU1 and IU2.

As for the bailout, Lets get it flying the way you want it to before we go diving off into that. There is such a thing as too much information and information overload. Been there myself lol.

ecruz64

Sounds like a plan.
What about my pitch curve and Expo? I was wondering if my transmitter settings will interfere/limit the iKon settings. Again, iKon doesn't seem to go into detail about transmitter pitch settings.

I'm not an aggressive flyer and I'm not ready for 3D maneuvers. If I could classify myself I'd say I am an advance beginner/intermediate type of heli flyer. I feel comfortable with the basics; therefore, I like to challenge myself a little bit more with a little more sensitivity on the sticks. I set my blades to a 12 degree +/- and cyclic at 9 degree +/-.

Thanks again Tony! I love the forum and watch all your videos. You're a HUGE help in this amazing/fun and complicated hobby.

E

Tony

Staff member
Since you have some flying under your belt, set your expo to about 20% positive on aileron and elevator. As for pitch curve, I have All of mine set linear and the reason for this is, even in normal mode, if you lose power, you still have negative pitch to auto it down, or try. And I always hit throttle hold when I land and never just give full negative to shut it down. But if you want a more tame pitch curve, set it to 46 48 50 75 100 for normal, and linear for the IU settings.

Top Bottom