General Memory fade of an old man

treff

I can not believe this, well yes I can. I came to charge my DX8 TX and Can not remember which charger to use DOH Yes I know, with a brain
I could be dangerous. Can some one tell me what is the output voltage of the charger and wether the centre pin is the positive. Getting old is
just a pain in the butt. I have so many of these damn things I can't remember which one to use. They are all made in China. Cheers

Slobberdog

here you go Treff, extract out of the dx8 manual.........

The DX8 features a built-in multi-chemistry charger designed to charge 4-cell
NiMH and 2-cell LiPo batteries at a charge rate of 200mAh. The charge jack on
the right side of the transmitter is non-polarity-critical, allowing you to use any
type of 12-volt supply to charge the battery regardless of connector polarity.
Using the included SPMB2000NMTX NiMH battery pack, you should plug the
included 12-volt AC to DC power supply in for 10 to 12 hours to fully charge
the battery.

treff

Thanks so much Kev and pvolcko. Looks like I've not only lost the charger but also lost instruction manual. I'm sure the wife is hiding things. LOL
Thanks again

treff

Thanks Lee. We are upside down at the house at the moment redecorating and some how the charger has disappeared. It is somewhere in the house
but where is any bodies guess LOL. Thanks for the picture it helps the blood hound (wife) get a better understanding LOL. Be ripping up the floor boards soon. Cheers

wolfman76

Thanks Lee. We are upside down at the house at the moment redecorating and some how the charger has disappeared. It is somewhere in the house
but where is any bodies guess LOL. Thanks for the picture it helps the blood hound (wife) get a better understanding LOL. Be ripping up the floor boards soon. Cheers
Watcha doing hiding chargers under the floor board? !!!!!! Lol

treff

Hi Wolfman76 Well were not there yet but pretty close to pulling up floor boards. Still can't find the damn thing and now
voltage on the TX is beginning to go. Getting desperate enough to buy another one LOL. Cheers

treff

I believe the Spectrum charger for the DX8 is 12 volts output. You can not use a constant current charger or it will cause damage to the electronic bits. I
will connect it up to my 13.8volt PSU and that should do the trick for now. I could even charge from the car with a lead so plenty of options. It is just
so bloody frustrating not being able to find the damn thing LOL. Cheers

treff

Thanks Kev. Yes it works okay on psu. Tried this afternoon. I did turn the psu down to 12 volts. Now where is the damn thing. Its
got to be here somewhere LOL Cheers.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ask the kids. Anytime I can't find something, car keys, phone, tv remote, shoes, the kids have been playing with it and have hidden it from me. If they are grown, they might still have done. Age does not reduce mischievousness, it merely enhances creativity in hiding.

treff

callsign4223 Thanks, thanks thanks, thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks,thank and thanks again
Found my charger. Our kids have flown the nest a long time since so no kids to ask or so I thought. YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!! THE GRANDKIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The charger was in their toy box at the bottom it was bunged into the corner of a dolls house with mr piggy.
I would not have thought to look there until I read you post. Thanks again. Cheers

Top Bottom