Memorial Day - 2012

Tony

Staff member
I would like to wish everyone on here a happy Memorial Day. Please don't forget what this day is about. Freedom isn't free, and today is the day we pay our respects to our fallen soldiers. Thanks to all of you!

As for my plans today, I'm charging up batteries and I'm going to be spending time out at the flying field. it's time to put the Bipe in the air and see if it will stay there. I'm also taking both of the Edge's.

What are your plans for today?

murankar

Staff member
Doing your old job. sitting at a desk for 5.5 more hours. Then sleeping till around 1500 and hopefully wake up. Right now I am building a multimedia o.s. is a virtual machine. Latter today I will install the video editor and finish testing this out. Trying to find an OS that I can install onto a 1tb external hdd for booting off of. I think I found it.

Here is a snap shot of it:

shot.jpg

shot.jpg

Last edited:

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I had a friend over and we flew for a little bit today! Unfortinatly, he crashed his micro Stryker.. But overall it was a good day!

Tony

Staff member
Well, my day wasn't much better than your friends. Only my 50" Edge won't need repair. Thankfully I didn't take the Extra lol. Oh well. More in another post.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Doing your old job. sitting at a desk for 5.5 more hours. Then sleeping till around 1500 and hopefully wake up. Right now I am building a multimedia o.s. is a virtual machine. Latter today I will install the video editor and finish testing this out. Trying to find an OS that I can install onto a 1tb external hdd for booting off of. I think I found it.

Here is a snap shot of it:

View attachment 2314
Looks like you had a Mac Attack?

murankar

Staff member
Arch Linux. Light weight out of the box. A fresh install on a vm takes about 20 seconds to boot. Right now I am just testing.

murankar

Staff member
Mine is due to waiting for the vm to boot, the grub menu (takes 5 seconds) and a log on. it's about 20 seconds from cold boot to desktop. Keep in mind this is running virtually so I do not have all the niceities of it being on a hdd. The boot times would drop if it was on a normal install.

Top Bottom