Scale MD500 TOW Defender

philmill

Yes its a scale tail box it comes complete for the 500 size only about £15 takes the TT gears and bearings looks a lot better than open gears ,

any scale fuselage will look good if you spend the time finnishing it off ( never finnished you can allways find more detail to do ) nothing comes close to a scale build most people walk past the pod and booms to see and take pics of the scale birds CIMG5994.jpgCIMG5995.jpg

CIMG5994.jpg

CIMG5995.jpg

philmill

HF5012.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Very easy to work on and change batterys etc I have mounted the AR7200BX up front , you can get to most parts from the front

CIMG5996.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i am using 2x 3s 6000mah packs to get the balance right

- - - Updated - - -

i could fit 1 pack up each side and have full cockpit detail aswell

HF5012.jpg

CIMG5996.jpg

philmill

At last my machine guns have turned up , i wanted to build the later version 500MG (gunship) ,
the first set of guns came from T800 terminator nice looking but a little too small for the 500 size ( but perfect for my 450 HUEY) , i have more detail and weathing before fitting

c20.jpgc21.jpgc22.jpgc23.jpgc24.jpg

c20.jpg

c21.jpg

c22.jpg

c23.jpg

c24.jpg

Dirk

WOW!! That is amazing. It must take a steady hand to place those rivets perfectly aligned. Well done mate.

philmill

WOW!! That is amazing. It must take a steady hand to place those rivets perfectly aligned. Well done mate.

Thanks Dirk , its not to hard to form the rivet lines i use line tape then run the rivets up to the tape , do a bit on each side remove tape and start again , there not all perfect but overall it looks better than all smooth without any ,
the good part with scale is you can allways add more detail to change the look

c28.jpgc29.jpgc30.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

fitted the nav lights very bright you can see them outside in daylight , keep thinking about fitting the 5 blade head but it fly's very well with the 2 blade head and when its flying you can't see the blades

c28.jpg

c29.jpg

c30.jpg

f23.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, that thing looks great! Great detail! Keep the pictures coming on this. And post VIDEO!!!!

philmill

Thanks Tony still waiting for more parts to come ,then i will start on the scale 5 blade head , i will post more pics and hopefully some video when i can .

Top Bottom