Micro Mcpx v2 bits

Slobberdog

Guys I was given an Mcpx v2 from one of the guys in the club as it did not fly and he did not want it, but after a bit of fiddling and a new swash I got it in the air,

Well not very successfully I may add, it was nice and stable but I could only get it about 2 ft off the ground at full throttle so I believe both the motors at dead as the tail stops and starts as well, and the main takes a lot of grunt to get it moving,

So if anyone has a couple of motors for the Mcpx v2 that they want to part with at a good price then let me know, I don't want to throw money at this bird as I don't know al the problems yet,

I do need a frame as all but one canopy mounts is broke, and the canopy and tail fin as well, but no point in those before I look at the motors,

PM me what you have, UK only sorry guys as the shipping would kill me.

Tony

Staff member
fold the main blades the same direction, hit throttle hold and check full collective both ways. You should have about 2" of separation between the blades at max pitch. And the tail will start before the main motor, that's normal.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony but the heli feels flat no power, I don't want to throw money at this, I can save that money for the 150 Align, just want to try, if you know what I mean, it's the fiddling I like as much as the flying, just looked at the parts I need and they come to nearly 70% of a new one,

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony but if I get half of the rpm or power of yours in the second video I would be amazed, mine does not sound as near as high in pitch (sound) as yours did, it also has had a repair on the 3 in 1 and I don't know if this is the problem, like I said I don't know if I want to throw any money at it, just want a bit of fun for in the house as 130x is a bit to much.

Tony

Staff member
If the board was repaired, then I'm sure someone replaced the FET's on it.

One thing to check, are the batteries good? I know my batteries are toast and will only power the heli for about 10 seconds. How long can you keep the motor going before it shuts off? Anything under 2 minutes, the batteries are trashed.

And I think a motor is only about $15 at the LHS. Not sure what you have around you, but might be worth replacing. If I was closer, I would send you my stock motor since I put the brushless motor in mine.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, just though I would try will have a look in the morning and see how it does with the other batteries he gave me, will keep you posted,

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal bro, didn't mean to jack the thread, just wanted to try to sort it all out before you spent money on it. I will clean up this thread if you want.

Slobberdog

Boss you can jack my threads anytime, and at the end of the day if you save me sheckles then I am all for that,

And you know I bow my head to those with higher knowledge than me,

Slobberdog

Tony please could you move this thread to the micro section, I will keep it going in there.

Well Tony, charged the batteries up Friday afternoon checked them this morning and they were down to 4.07 volts per cell, so I think they are spent,

also after checking I have found the links to the swash are shot, I have about -4 deg at centre stick and the threads have stripped in one of the rods,

SO, I have ordered a battery and a set of control rods as a last ditch punt to see if this bird will fly again, if it does I will get the frame and the canopy and a few extra cells,

Tony

Staff member
And a motor? lol. Guess you need to get the new batteries first to see if that is the issue. Hope it is.

Slobberdog

Yeah me to Tony, put that aside for a couple of days until those bits come in, but yes I hope so, looks like a combination of not enough power and not enough + pitch

But I will have to wait as I can't adjust the servo links,

Tony

Staff member
You can go into your Tx and raise the pitch. I think it's in the travel adjust menu if I remember correctly.

Slobberdog

Yeah Tony, I have lots of pitch but 80% is negative, lol

Need to raise the swash a good bit to get zero degrees at centre stick,

Tony

Staff member
Interesting lol. Again, if you were closer, I have a complete set of new linkages haha. You should just move over here. hehe

Slobberdog

Would love to, move that is, but yes I don't know how he had this flying in the first place, take a look at what I mean by the pitch,

[video=youtube_share;tTANNB9XB9A]http://youtu.be/tTANNB9XB9A[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Centre stick is at the pause point when I move it a little

Tony

Staff member
It looks so sad at low stick hahaha

What hole are the rods in on the servos? They should be in the top hole.

Slobberdog

They are in the top hole, just all rods are at their shortest. And glued as I think they are stripped in the threads department, lol,

Should have new ones Tuesday to work with and the battery, so I have to have a bit of patience.

Slobberdog

Well just had the new links turn up in the post along with a new battery, so can't wait to get home to try the bits out, to see if it's worth me going on with fixing this bird up.

Slobberdog

Well got the links and started to put them on the heli and low and behold I snapped a plastic ball of the swash geez :):):) on man, give me a break, so I managed to bodge the old swash I had so I could see if it worked better with the increased links length, and even though I had a lot of vibes and the gyros hated it I could get it in the air and hover it, so have a new swash on its way and frame and canopy,

Once I get the new stuff I will tear this baby down, clean it all up and set it up bang on, then see if the bird will fly, hold good hopes for this now,

We will see,

Top Bottom