Micro Mcpx v1 wobble

wolfman76

I just redid the radio settings for the heli per the manual which is what our lhs heli guy said to do he made me a copy of the page from the manual so I could take it home.. I don't see the wobble till I flip into iu2 each time is bout when it is about 15ft off the ground and only in iu2. . Any ideas as to why this happens?

EyeStation

What is your throttle curve set at for iu2? Maybe the head speed is a bit much for it in that Idle Up mode.

Slobberdog

100% your servos will need a clean, it's a maintenance thing you have to do with the blade linear servos, plenty of vids on youtube

Lee

Also check for play in the system.
From the servo links up.
The hole that the arm goes into on the servo can become loose.
Swash plate bearing get worn out.
Links become loose.
Play in blade grips.
All these things can cause a wobble that goes away with pitch change.

xokia

wobble is usually cracked main shaft. Elfight uses a hollow main shaft. It cracks easily, the cracks are very hard to see. Pull the head off shove a small screwdriver down the hole and see if the shaft starts to separate around the screw hole. I always replace these shafts with solid CF shafts from xtreme-production

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Wobble... Yeah, that could be a number of things. From a bad swash to cracked main shaft to loose connections to a bad board. I'm having the same issue with my mcpx's (yes two lol). Let us know what the issue turns out being!

wolfman76

Gonna try to check the main shaft tonight... already cleaned the servos what about loose blade grips?

Slobberdog

Blade like the grips to be loose on their micro heli's but from experience I found you need them to be loose but nut have slop in the grip, personally when I had mine I had to change the grips as the bolt would not stay tight and would back out of the plastic at the point I wanted my grips set at.

wolfman76

Oh ok I have the plastic grips but don't have extra cash for the cnc grips. The shaft is fine oiled both bearings also

Slobberdog

Kyle don't waste money on the metal upgrades they weight to much for the power of the heli, I put new plastic grips on that had a new screw thread, after time they wear due to removing the blades so many times,

Slobberdog

Can't say much on that, tbh I used mine as stock and abused it and learned loads last winter, as it was stock it just took so much punishment it was unreal.

murankar

Staff member
If your just learning inverted and "3D" type stuff then stock will be fine. In most cases stock form will get you a long way. When you can start feeling the negative tendencies of the heli then you can think about the upgrades.

I think if you go that route then instead of the upgrades look at either a 300 CFX or something similar.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom