Micro MCPx power issues

callsign4223

Staff member
My MCPx has been acting a little sluggish lately. It just seems to bog a lot easier than it used to. Also, it will hit the low voltage cutoff randomly after about a minute sometimes. The battery connector did pop off the wires, so I bought some replacement connectors and some extra wire to fix it. The new wires are A)Solid instead of stranded and B) A few inches longer than the old ones. Could this be the reason it is acting like this, or is there some other problem in here? My soldering skills aren't great, but the connections all felt really solid.

For an example, I am running 300 Mah batteries in it, and even running for 3 minutes I am only putting 150 mah of juice into them. One time when I hit the low voltage cutoff I actually swapped batteries thinking I might have gotten a drained one mixed up in my charged ones, when I charged it I only put 92 ma in it after about 1.5 minutes of flying.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds to me like your main motor is starting to wear out. When they wear out, they pull more amps. this will give a false voltage and the heli will cut off. You can try my batteries that I know are still good to test them if you want. Mine are 300mah as well. This would narrow it down to either battery or motor.

callsign4223

Staff member
Admit it Tony, your just trying to get me to go brushless again ;)

Sounds like a plan if we can ever meet up with our crazy schedules.

Tony

Staff member
You damn right I'm trying to get you to go brushless lmao. I have what you need! If I get my heli back to flying condition, I will let you fly it. It's amazing. It's like the difference from the DX6i to the DX8. Both are capable but one is superior lol.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ok, you guys were right. I made a run to the LHS and got a new motor. Fixed it good until I corkscrewed into the ground trying to do a loop :)

Tony

Staff member
If you had my brushless motor, you could have powered out of it :biggrin1:

Glad you got it back in the air bro. I really need to order a new 120 tail motor. With the 120 blades just to see how it works. I know the tail held very well with that tail and I would like to give it a second chance. Just need to get the money to make the order...

callsign4223

Staff member
No No, too much power was the problem, at least too much negative collective on the flip back to upright. I am still trying to get the mixing from positive to negative to positive down right for flips.

Tony

Staff member
For flips, just go to mid stick, which should be 0 pitch. You will already have the upward momentum to complete the flip and not adding any negative pitch will make the loop smoother.

Top Bottom