mCPx Maiden happened today finally and no proof

Morelight

Fearless Freep
. Today, it was almost calm, and I decided I’ll try to fly even if she pulls the swash back by itself. I’ve had the heli sitting for several weeks with the motor and tail from the board disconnected. This morning I reconnected them, re-bound the heli with the dx6i, and it stopped the autonomous movement it was doing from the day I’ve had it.

Went to a friend's yard and got in a couple short flights before the wind gusts were too bad and got some damage. I didn't bring the head cam, as I thought it wouldn't fly anyway. Returned home at noon and did some repairs. Tail boom was loose, and reglue a skid.

Went back out about 3pm to the same place and the wind wasn't as bad at first. I brought my mini 720 head cam, and I thought turned it on properly. (or so I thought :( )

Then at liftoff the wind started picking up again!!!!! Everytime I try to fly the wind comes at me and swirls to make it worse. I did get it up in the air for a few nice fly's, even with wind, and had some cool lucky saves, parked it on a big pine tree branch about 7ft high, by accident, but the landing was soft :p. Even had a wind gust blow it past me on my right while hovering 7ft in front of me and it landed on a friends back.

So I was flying in wind, while talking to a buddy, and was doing pretty good for my first flights. I managed to get through 2 batteries, mostly in the air, until a bad gust blew it into a wood pile and I broke the tail boom, which I'm replacing right now.

I packed up my stuff and came back home, thinking, oh yeah, the boys are gonna be pleased. I'm going to upload maybe 6 minutes of me flying... Nothing was on the camera mem card. I hadn't set the film mode properly after all. I did test the camera after that at home, and it does work. If you operate it correctly.

Repairs are almost done on the mcpx, and I will try to get video tomorrow.

She was flying pretty good in the wind, but I'm too new to handle it decent yet. She didn't feel at all like the mcpx model in Phoenix. She flew like the Trex 450 Pro in Phoenix, without the power. Fast to respond, collective, cyclic and yaw all feel familiar in the right context.

I feel very positive about today, even though I Don't Have the Proof we demand of others here on the forum lol. At least it was 3 steps forward, and 1 step back, as opposed to 1/2 step forward, and 5 steps back. Yup.

callsign4223

Staff member
That's awesome. Glad to see that it straightened itself out and you are finally able to fly the little bugger. I find that with a big enough open area it is usable up to about 10 mph wind, it dodges around, but you can get it back before it gets away. And mine has landed in a couple of trees now, I think it came stock with a tree magnet.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
This made me happy!! I am glad that your mcpx is ok now,,, :)

You'll love it!!! Video!!!!!!! Where is it!!!??????? Lol ( Just to get back at you lol)

Still selling it? ... Hope not!! Lol :p

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Man Gaba I really wanted to have that video recording when I flew my maiden today. Seriously, this was the first time I kept a CP heli in the air, and my first CP flights ever lol :) aaaannnnndddd NO Video. grrrr.

And Bonus points for talking while flying, wind gusts and some good saves too. No I'll keep her now, that heli is fun to fly, and the parts aren't too dear. I'll try to get video up in the afternoon if I can fly in the morning.

Mine also comes with a wood magnet too apparently, but better that than attracted to cars :p

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
tony's rc stuff comes with a fence magnet!! hahahahahh yours with wood and car magnet,

my stuff apaparently love poles!!!! heeheee

Lee

Well done mate. That was lucky you gave t one more go, or someone would have got a bargain full working heli.
Video next time.

llommel

Is it just me or does the Mcpx fly a lot easier on the Phoneix than it does in real flights?
It flies very smoothly on the sim but not so smooth in the yard.
A lot better though than the Razor 450 & cheaper to repair.:fox:

Tony

Staff member
I have a hard time flying micros on the sim, and I can just throw in around the air outside. However, flying the bigger heli's, I can rip it up on the sim, but don't want to do much outside lmao.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Its not just you llommel. I find it very easy to fly in Phoenix, and I have it set on expert difficulty. No D/R or expo either. 100% all the way. I have the sim 450 Pro set on expert now and its definitely more challenging to invert and fly in sim wind.

llommel

What is the best blades to use for beginner on the Mcpx, the ones with the "bullets" on the blades or without? Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
With my brushless setup on my mcpx, I'm using the weighted ones (with bullets). But, they are all pretty much the same. Nothing is going to tame it down though.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
On brushless you see some stability difference. But in brushed not that much. But they do tame it down just a little bit.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I have the bullet blades on her right now. I broke a KBDD blade on the maiden. She seems to wander around less with the bullet blades. I'll be ordering more of those when I can.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah they run out of these very fast. They were back ordered till recently.

Pink kbdd are very light and really fast!

Other colors are good. But you'll see that your bird will have a bit more pitch pop with your stockers and bullet ones.

Tony

Staff member
In that case Gaba, the KBDD's are better for beginners. Softens the pitch a little.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It does ... but then again, you have less recovery power, and also the bird is much touchier as they are lighter and spin faster even in brushed setup.

Top Bottom