Micro mCP X V2 3D Capable - Video

Went to an indoor fly in today, and decided to see what the mCP X V2 could do... so I took the tip of reducing collective to 85% max and having a flat 100% throttle curve. I flipped it and wow... the tail held fine! I was surprised at how well it flew! A fully stock (although it may be extended tail boom, not sure) mCP X V2 and it flew pretty nice! I was able to do some pretty decent 3D with it! I don't know why everyone hates it... it seems fine! Of course it was not mine, but I ended up flying 18 batteries through it before running out of batteries...

So, yes, the mCP X V2 CAN do 3D... I also did some hurricanes with it, although man these things get going fast so I only did it a few times.

That's what I was doing for like 3 hours this afternoon... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Great flying. The 3D capabilities of the heli are not why people don't like it. People don't like it because it's $20 MORE than the 130x. And the 130x tail holds better.

Tony

Staff member
The 130 on amain's site is 199 and the bl is 219. That is what I was basing the pricing off of. Pretty much retail pricing, not a sale price that can and does come and go.

This isn't the BL. :p
It's the V2 See the thread title?

- - - Updated - - -

The BL has a lot more power, I know it can do 3D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av_V1BlMw90

Haha
I think I actually fell asleep relatively early at like 10:00 last night, whereas I normally fall asleep at like 11:00 or 12:00 even! That's why I woke up at 4:50 this morning...

Tony

Staff member
that's going to bug me as to why I read "V2" as "BL" lmao. Ah well.

But yes, the V2 is capable of doing 3g IF you have good collective management and a good setup. Most people want to push the collective to 100% or higher in the Tx giving them max pitch. This will cause the tail motor to give out thus ending in a crash. Seems like not only did that heli have a good setup, but had a good pilot behind the sticks. I'm more of a stick banger on mine hence why I put the HP08 in my mcpx. Now I need the V2 board to replace my bad V1 lol.

Keep posting up videos, they are great.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
that's going to bug me as to why I read "V2" as "BL" lmao. Ah well.

But yes, the V2 is capable of doing 3g IF you have good collective management and a good setup. Most people want to push the collective to 100% or higher in the Tx giving them max pitch. This will cause the tail motor to give out thus ending in a crash. Seems like not only did that heli have a good setup, but had a good pilot behind the sticks. I'm more of a stick banger on mine hence why I put the HP08 in my mcpx. Now I need the V2 board to replace my bad V1 lol.

Keep posting up videos, they are great.

You don't want a v2 board trust me.. With stock setup v2 board is awesome! But with brushless upgrade like this hp08 ... It's extremely sensitive to vibes and it'll keep wobbling.

I had a v2 with hp08 and it didn't stop wobbling on the head. I sold my v2 board and got a v1 that made it perfectly smooth and no wobbling head and wagging tail

Now remember the v2 board was designed for the mcpx stock setup to make it more responsive on the gyro so it's a great board

But higher rpm and high vibration BL motors, make it mad.

You'll see most people with BL tail and main motor actually are holding on to v1 boards like dear life as you can't find then anymore :)

If its bad.. Look for a v1 :)
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

The funny thing is that I have really bad collective management sometimes.... To flip it and let it. Not hit te ground afterwards I had to give it full or almost full collective! Like I said it's 85% throw with 100% power. Whether its an extendedb boom, I don't know. Oh we'll, it flew perfect for he entire 18 batteries I flew in it, one right after the other.

Top Bottom