Micro Mcp S Tail Response

eppsy

Hi Everyone,
I have an older DX8 TX which was bought way back in 2014. I'm just getting back into it and recently bought a mCP S and it’s awesome.
However, the issue I have is the left rudder won’t respond.
I originally bound the heli to the DX8 with just the Bind button and everything was cool. Some wierd things were happening with my throttle and pitch curve so I tried to rebind it again, this time using the instructions in the manual, where you hold the right rudder and Bind button when turning on the TX. I did this and the bind worked. But now the tail rudder runs even with no input. If I touch a bit of left rudder it stops. But no matter how much left rudder I give it, the tail won’t run. When you throttle up, it’s the same. Right rudder works, but no left rudder.
I tried to rebind but with no right tail rudder, but it hasn’t resolved the issue.
Any advice is most welcome.
Thanks,
Dave

murankar

Staff member
I am not very familiar with the DC radios eventhough I own a dx6.

I remember something about the bind process on spectrum being different. So what ever position your sticks are in when you bind that becomes your default fail safe. I could be wrong but I think that's what it is for specktrum. By giving full right rudder ar bind will cause the heli to spin right when it loses signa .

If I am wrong please correct me. I think that's how it is .

eppsy

Thanks for your replies Gents.
murankar, I didn't know this about Spektrum TX's. In any case, I have performed the bind process many times since with various combinations of rudder position during bind, and of course in the neutral position. The rudder still starts spinning once bound and there is no left rudder activity.
Matt, I have loaded the latest firmware and some of the setup files that are available for my DX8. It's a pretty old version so there aren't many to pick from, certainly none specifically for the Blade mCP S. I've tried using setups for different helis as well, but the left rudder thing is still there.
I'm buggered if I know what else to try. It's unflyable in its current state.
Thanks,
Dave

Matt

Add trim to get it to center. Just add trim, try that..

I’ve got a Nano S2 and I’m at 100% left trim on my Tx.

moving the rudder to the right during the bind process on these Blade micros lets the heli know that it is a computerized Tx. Moving the rudder to the left is for the non-computerized Tx’s that comes with the RTF versions of these helis.

Last edited:

Douflytoo

Are you saying that you can not go nose left in flight or that the tail rotor does not spin when giving nose left command? My MCPS tail rotor starts spinning when in Stunt 1 or 2 and yes a touch of left rudder stops it. It does not do that in normal/stability mode. I think the MCPS just uses motor torque to achieve nose left so the tail rotor may not turn when a nose left command is given.

Matt

I just noticed with my Nano S2 that when giving it left rudder the tail motor stops too. I never noticed this until now. So I am assuming that the torque from the main motor does the function rather than the tail blades.

murankar

Staff member
That's my guess also. I am really not to up on the blade micros anymore. But yes the motor based tail control fights against toque by spinning faster, it slows down to allow the tail to drift.

Top Bottom