Marius' learning to fly - "video diary"

treff

Hi stokke just watched your video on youtube. Very nice flight. I just wondered before you start flying you check a black box that is clipped to your waist.
Is this wind measurement or are you checking head speed? Last question where did you get the canopy for the agile. I am thinking of changing the one
one my 5.5 for something brighter. Many thanks

stokke

Hi stokke just watched your video on youtube. Very nice flight. I just wondered before you start flying you check a black box that is clipped to your waist.
Is this wind measurement or are you checking head speed? Last question where did you get the canopy for the agile. I am thinking of changing the one
one my 5.5 for something brighter. Many thanks

Thanks, treff :D

The black box is the camera control unit. When I take it up, I am checking that everything is within frame and centered (there is a small screen on the unit). The control unit is connected to the camera which is mounted to my cap.

I ordered the canopy from Canomod

treff

Thanks stokke. That sounds like a really nice bit of kit to have. I've been a professional photographer all my
working life so I must get round to getting a decent video camera to records my arrivals lol. Love the canopy
will have a look at their site. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Watch the shipping cost with them. Fusuno will drag you through the coals on their shipping. A $25 450 canopy costs $25 to ship. So it ends up being $50. Look at canomods web site to find a canopy then look and see if a web retailer has that same canopy for cheaper.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

stokke

Managed to kill off yet another tail gear :D

Last pack of the day. Over the timer. Decide to wag that tail. Nope. Too low and too little time to hit the auto level.... Build it, fly it, crash it! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a bad crash Marius, what's the damage?

Can you lift your head a bit more on these vids, lots of times the bird is off the top of frame... Just a little comment!!

Awesome flying tho mate, love watching you..

stokke

Oy. Hate those "I was just about to bring it in" crashes.

Yeah. It's really an unnecessary crash. But that's life I guess :D

That looks like a bad crash Marius, what's the damage?

Can you lift your head a bit more on these vids, lots of times the bird is off the top of frame... Just a little comment!!

Awesome flying tho mate, love watching you..

I haven't looked at it yet - such depressing work :D LOL

I think I usually have the camera pretty centered, but I see I didn't get it quite right yesterday.

Thanks for watching :)

stokke

The Agile will be grounded until next paycheck. Meanwhile I'm torturing the 500 :D :D :D

Added some extra goofing around clips at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Jackson

That was really cool Marius. I love the people walking on the path at 2:44, red coat and a black coat. And the inverted over the puddle was classic. I'm glad you said my flying reminded you of your early days, hope I can fly as well as you some day!

Ken

pvolcko

Nice flying. I just started doing real life autos. Nerve wracking. Despite your puddle landing, you look to be getting pretty comfortable with them. :)

Top Bottom