General Make adapter or change frame?

Boogs

I would like some input on my dilemma. The included tail boom for my UH-1 has a different diameter from the donor. I have thought of these options, if you can offer a better solution, or guide me along...

1st: Make an adapter, the TB of the donors I.D. is tight enough on the O.D. of that supplied in the kit.

2nd: Cut the frame of the donor to allow use of the TB support/clamp. Alignment may or may not work out.

3rd: Just change everything to the frame the kit was built for.

Thanks.

Admiral

It's hard to fully understand without pictures but this is my take on it, the 1st: suggestion sounds viable but it will take a lot of care to get the length exact and I'm not sure how you would secure it so that the join would not move in flight. 3rd: Suggestion sounds like the best one to me, more work and probably expense but the proper solution as everything will go together as it should and stay that way.

Boogs

With all the black, pictures didn't turn out clear enough to really see. The TB O.D. of the donor mechanics is larger than the TB supplied with the kit, however the I.D, is a snug fit sliding the two together. I was thinking of cutting a spare TB for the donor, just long enough to fill the slot in the frame then continue. As you've said, this might be problematic in keeping the belt tension. I am also considering soldering the sleeve and TB together but I'm not confident in the hold with AL. I reckon getting the frame for a Trex 450 would be the best option for a sound install.
Are you airbrushing yet?

Admiral

[QUOTE="
Are you airbrushing yet?[/QUOTE]

No not yet, still waiting for the Airbrush to arrive from China, should be here in about a week.

Top Bottom