450 Main shaft

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I was going through my part collection and i have a few 450 dfc shafts that need straighten out. Can anyone give me some suggestion on how to straighten, if can, without damaging them or just buy new ones? Just trying to save some money.

Derek

I suppose you could straighten them out but I can assure you that it would be a very daunting task, to say the least. I wouldn't even waste my time trying to straighten them out. Honestly, just buy new ones. HeliDirect, and most other distributors, will carry the Align DFC main shafts in sets of two. Below is a link to HeliDirect. They have a pack of two main shafts for $11.99. I can certainly understand wanting to save money. Money is tight with everyone but you'll be much happier with new shafts.

Align 450DFC Main Shaft H45166 (H45166) - HeliDirect -- Best Customer Services, Fast Shipping,

murankar

Staff member
I have to dfc shafts at the house. I think they are for the pro dfc. One thing I don't have the bolts for them. I ended up using them on my exi when it was flying.

You would need a machine like a lath to straighten the shafts. Once you do that it will not be as strong as it was before it was bent. Your best off buying new ones.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Definitely buy new ones, not worth the risk. If you'd been in UK I would have sent you one. I bought 2 for this new build I'm on with...

Graham Lawrie

The average person does not have the equipment to straighten the shafts:) it is possible, but the time and effort it is cheaper to renew. If you dont get it 100% correct you then get throw which increases wear and vibration and more issues.........its a no-brainer, new only:)

Stambo

I tried straightening a very slightly bent 450 feathering shaft once, bad move.
The dent in my garage door is a reminder of just what one of these blades can do when it leaves the aircraft at just a hover.
I was lucky. :)
Don't risk injury to yourself or others just to save a few bucks. :)

cml001

Get new shaft.. Two come in a pack so ull have another spare.... Ull never get it straight... Well.. Maybe u could but not likely... Once u spool up the slightest bend becomes MAJOR!

Top Bottom