General Main shaft question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:confused-new: I would like to know if I can replace a 450 DFC main shaft with a 450 reg main shaft? I still would like to use my DFC head on that main shaft. I know that my linkages must be extended but will this still work or do I have to use a reg. head? Hope this makes sense.:thinking:

Tony

Staff member
My question is, why would you want to? The DFC version is made to lower the disk which lowers the CoG and gives better flight performance. If you are wanting something like the V2 FBL head, I may be able to hook you up if I can find it.

Yes, you are going to need longer links, the DFC links will NOT work for this and raising your swash it a very bad idea. But, I don't think the holes will even line up on the head. I remember trying this and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My question is, why would you want to? The DFC version is made to lower the disk which lowers the CoG and gives better flight performance. If you are wanting something like the V2 FBL head, I may be able to hook you up if I can find it.

Yes, you are going to need longer links, the DFC links will NOT work for this and raising your swash it a very bad idea. But, I don't think the holes will even line up on the head. I remember trying this and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

Thanks Tony. I ordered new DFC main shaft and I was wondering if I can do this til my parts show up. Since this a bad Idea, I will wait til my parts arrive then. Thanks again for your help.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I would definitely wait.

The way I usually do it is I will order 5 shafts (they are cheap) and when I get down to 2, I will order 5 more. Of course main shafts are the least of your worries if you are going through them that fast lol. Welcome to my world of broken helicopters lmao.

holtneil

Hi I have cut down longer shafts just to keep flying but your have to drill the hole for Jesus bolt but it is do able if you desperate to fly

Top Bottom