General Main gear

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I would like to know the different between straight gears and slanted main gears. I notice that the bigger helis have slanted gears. I'm getting ready to order main gears "straight" for my Tarot 450 but wondering if it's worth to switch over to slanted gears or don't even bother.

Tony

Staff member
You can get helical gears for just about any helicopter. I'm using them on both of my 450's. Helical are a little quieter and the teeth are larger. Usually the straight cut gears are stronger, but that is only if they have the same pitch. Seeing as the helical gears are much thicker, they are going to be stronger than the straight cut gears.

IMO, I would go with the helicals. I love them on my helicopter and if they had them for my 600N, it would have them too.

cml001

The slanted are suppose to be quiet'r, stronger, & more efficient... If it were me I'd order the Align "black" main gear.. Ull need the pinion as well for the motor to match.

H45156QA Slant Thread Main Drive Gear/121T
[H45156QA]

H45160 Motor Pinion Helical Gear 11T
[H45160]

... The main gear come w 3... So ull have extras in case of a bad crash.. Honestly iv crashed my 450 with this gear 4 times and only damaged it bad enough to need replacing once out those crashes... Lol.. I'm told there is a video of someone cutting wood with this gear.. Lol.. Don't kno how true that is but they are pretty strong!

Top Bottom