450 Main blade tracking problem

treff

I'm having a problem tracking the main blades. I can get them spot on but after one flight they are out of track again. I have changed feathering shaft,
Blade dampers, main shaft, main gear and everything looks okay. This helicoter as not been crashed (yet) and the only thing wrong is it developed a wobble after
being stressed in flight but I thought a heli like this would take a bit of flight stress it is 3d model. Anyway I'm at a loss the only thin left I can think of is the swash plate.
What do you think guys. This heli is HK450 gt pro2 and is the only thing I can afford at the moment so it's no good mentioning Align or any of the good makes. I'm
stuck with this at the moment so any thoughts would be most appreciated. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Check to make sure you don't have a linkage that is stripping out.

Take the servo links off the swash but leave the swash drivers. Hold the center of the swash by the swash drivers and try to wobble the outer ring. If there is play, then it's bad.

treff

Thanks again Tony the problem was the linkage which was actually broken and just hanging on. I think it was badly formed plastic because it was very, very thin
and not like the others. It was giving under stress, then returning to it original state so I could not see untill it was taken off the ball link and you could then
tell there was something wrong. Thanks. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Saved a crash there! Glad you found it before it let go. Order some align ends and linkages and call it done.

Top Bottom