General Main blade problem

treff

I wonder if anyone has come across this problem before. After a few minutes flying I noticed vibration starting in the head. I checked the blades for tightness, etc and notice that the trailing edge of the blades had become de-laminated. Instead of a nice fine edge top and bottom of the Align carbon blades had come unstuck. It's not a problem I have epoxied them back again, just wondered if anyone else had come across this. Cheers.

treff

Hi super bad. Thanks for the reply. It just seems a shame to trash them. They are unmarked and almost new. I think I will return them to Align for inspection and see what they say. Cheers

Westy

LEGEND
I have had close calls with those blades and one smashd my vehicle window BANG .... and I did not even see it coming .... I was about a 1/2 meter from the van when the window shattered..... was very lucky...... I have worn safety glasses since

Tony

Staff member
I just found out from Gaba that his blades that he has on his Warp that he crashed has a safety wire inside it. When I crash my 600, I will be going with something that has that wire in it. I would rather it take out the boom than throw a blade at someone.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep I am running edge and yes they have a safety wire at the leading edge... They will break but not fly off

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

pvolcko

This a new feature? Didn't notice any safety wire on the Edge blades that you sent with the 700, Gaba.

cn63bug

I had a similar thing happen to me with my 450 awhile back. I was doing a hover with it and the head started vibrating very badly when the head blew apart and one of the blades nearly hit me (missed my head by less than two feet). While I was going over the damage, I noticed that the blades appeared to be separated on the trailing edge. The vibrations were so bad that it broke one of the bolts on the feathering shaft causing it to blow apart (sounded like a explosion when it happened). These were align blades. I haven't had any more issues with my new align blades yet, but have been considering different blades. I now thoroughly check the blades before and after every flight now.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
did you break them already paul ? Its all inside the blade laminate material. in front of the carbon fibre. I definitely have it in my 353mm blades. These are SE and a newer design. you ownt find out until you crash them :D I hope you dont have to find out :)

pvolcko

oh, I see. the wire is internal and attaches to the brass bushing through the mounting hole. Okay. I thought we were talking about some wire that had to be sandwiched in with the spindle mounting bolt to the end washer or something. Hope I never find out. :)

Dirk

Why, in the name of who ever do the damn blades always just miss us when they have 360 degrees to fly off into?? They NEVER seem to fly away from us, but always towards us! Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

When I crash my 600, I will be going with something that has that wire in it..

Do you not like the choppa Master Tony? :eek1::eek1:

Top Bottom