Maiden Flight of the 550!

DAL2855

Banned
Man this bird is soooo stable now with the Ikon! I still have to bench test the SL feature, but everything else seems to be functioning properly!

Last edited by a moderator:

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks Eye! Yeah this bird is awesome now that almost everything was replaced with Align Parts this time! Along with a New Ikon FBL unit! Man this thing is solid!

Adam

Looked very solid great job man. What a rush it is to see something come together that sweet.

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks Pvolcko! I just finally figured out this morning after reading on HF how to switch between the setup banks, which if enabled, allows you to use the "Bail-out" or SL feature of the Ikon. I originally had thought it was assigned to the FMode switch that when you had it enabled, and went to ID1 or ID2, that this switched the banks, but it in fact was assigned to CH7 of the radio by default. So I assigned the 3 POS Gov switch to Aux 2 and read to set the gains to -100, 0, 100 and this would allow switching between the banks. And just finished bench testing it and it worked perfectly. Now I have the SL feature assigned to banks 2 and 3 and no SL on bank 1. So for normal flying it will remain in bank 1, but if I happen to get in trouble, I just flip the Gov switch and it should recover itself! Will have to test it out and see how it works. I bench tested the SL and the swash doesn't move at all when I switch to bank 2 and 3. Does exactly what it should so far!

pvolcko

Make sure to get plenty of altitude before trying SL (I go to at least 50 if not 75 or more feet). Too many people have tried it out at low altitude and ended up with a busted up heli. Make sure to bench test too. In flight I'd try it out from hover to make sure it is set close to right and doesn't shoot off in an unexpected direction. Then start with putting it into forward flight and various angles of attack and flipping SL on. See how in behaves in steps.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I've bench tested it, and the swash doesn't move at all on the bench, so I think it should work pretty well in flight! Or atleast I hope so anyways!

Slobberdog

Yeah I've bench tested it, and the swash doesn't move at all on the bench, so I think it should work pretty well in flight! Or atleast I hope so anyways!

On the bench it don't vibrate, by all accounts that what troubles it............

DAL2855

Banned
Well the bird has absolutely no vibs at all from what I can see Slobberdog! It will just almost hover itself with very little if any inputs. I know in that video I couldn't quite hold her steady in one spot, but now after several more flights, I've gotten ALOT more comfortable with it, and can probably hold it in a 1 ft by 1ft spot for the entire battery. Which I think is excellent! Especially considering I've only been flying for about six months now!

danhampson

ive read mounting them on teal gel and using nirto fuel line and cable ties to secure them, it isolates the ikon from vibes ive not tried it yet just been looking at the advanced settings menus for now

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah Dan, I just have no vibs at all that I can tell, so didn't need to try that method. But will find out when I engage the SL for the first time whether or not I need to try that or not.

danhampson

yeah i have the same thing i dont seem to have any vibes the sl was set on the bench with a bubble level on the main gear (protos is raked) shimmed and hit set. then ive been testing at about 70ft hitting SL when in hover, mine moves left and back. Im in the process of dialing it out in the software.

Top Bottom