450 Lost parts

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can anyone please tell me whats going on with receiving parts from Hobby King. Placed a order last week and nothing! Money taken out of account but cant get no 411 on my order from Hobby King. First time ordering from them. Try contacting them but no luck. Just wandering if i should order again from some other company.
D.O.G.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You place an order from HK and you might has well forget about it fir 4 5 weeks! Just the way china is!

Derek

I would keep trying to contact them. Sometimes the Live Chat will help get you some answers. My experience with Hobby King, thus far, has still be very positive. Whether I order from the International or US warehouse, I've always gotten what I ordered and in a timely fashion.

I hope you can get some answers!

pvolcko

Are you contacting their US or HK people? If HK it can take a while and keep in mind that they are nearly 12 hours ahead so they often stop responding form Friday morning until Sunday night. Hobby King is kind of hit and miss in the customer service dept. So far I've had very good experiences with them. I make sure to only order from their US warehouse and have used email to contact them on returning an item before. Order status usually shows up within a day, sometimes two. If you search here, there are threads with far less agreeable experiences, though. Sounds like you're heading toward one of those, unfortunately.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Want to thank everyone for answering back. Seems like i will re order my parts with someone else while my parts are on vacation? or cyber space. Need to fly again asap New to flying and loving every bit of it! Crash and all. Thanks everyone for the 411!!!

Tony

Staff member
It can take up to two weeks for them to fulfill an order. It took 8 days to ship my order from the USA warehouse and another 7 days shipping. Just sit back and wait, that is about all you can do. What did you order?

Aregorn1

Man I don't like hearing that, HK is the only place I have found that has the Orange RX for the Spektrum. Is there any other place? I have my stuff in a cart just waiting to hit the button. I really don't like the thought of waiting that long. The best tip you could say was to make sure you order from the US Warehouse?

Michael

Tony

Staff member
I personally do NOT trust the orange Rx in anything but a cheap $2 foam plane. I wont' put one in my helicopters. Just too much of a risk of it failing because of second hand parts.

Aregorn1

Humm I might rethink them then. There just going in a scratch build. But I want something that I can trust to last for a while. MAN i hate biting the bullet, and shelling out that $$ instead of the $, but it is better than $$$ down the road. LOL

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Mr. Tony,
My parts where " Yep 45 amp esc, Corona DS929HV servos" Really didn't want to wait that long, so can you recommend some other esc and servos that i can order from A Main hobby or other stores. My Heli is Walkera V450DO1. RC Help Group has been a big help. Keep up the good work everyone!
D.O.G.

Tony

Staff member
Those servos are not very good for the cyclic. I have them on my newest helicopter, and the deadband is HORRIBLE! The ESC is pretty good if you get the program card, but is pretty big. I would just be patient and see if they ship them Monday or Tuesday of next week (a day or so). No reason to have doubles of things that rarely die lol.

If I were to order servos for a 450 from amain, it would be the Align DS415's for the cyclic. As long as your motor doesn't pull over 35 amps, you can get the Align 35a ESC. Those 5 things are about $110 all together.

Top Bottom