Futaba Looking for Futaba or compatible Rx

Derek

Whoa! I'm the first to post in this section, lol. Awesome!!!

ok...I have a 6 channel 72mhz Futaba T6EXA Tx but I have no Rx. I bought this Tx "used" from a friend of mine. He did tell me what Rx I should be looking for to go along with this Tx but I can't remember what he said...I didn't write it down...and I can't seem to get in touch with him to ask.

So...would someone here be able to help me out in finding an appropriate 72mhz Rx?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

What type of RX you looking for Derek? I have a futaba 4ch RX here. Its 35mHz but you could change the crystal to 72 i think. Need to check on that.

Derek

I'm really looking for a 6 channel Rx. I dunno what a 72mhz crystal costs. I'll have to ask around.

RandyDSok

Beside knowing that it is a Futaba FM 72Mhz radio... the other info you need is what channel it is setup for so you know you are getting the proper crystal for the receiver.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If I remember right there should be an access panel on the back of the radio. There should be a Crystal in there. Take it out and the channel will be on it somewhere! You need to know this has when your flying at. A field you need to tell everyone there what channel your using. It could be a disaster of two people are using the Same channel! Lol.

Derek

Here is an after-thought....Will the Rx recognize the channel 50 on my Tx? how does that work?

Tony

Staff member
The crystal in the Rx must match what is in the Tx. One will say "RX" the other will say "TX" and both should have "50" on it.

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking this Tx is different from what I ran when I was using Tx's with crystals. I will let those that know answer from now on lol.

Derek

I'm thinking this Tx is different from what I ran when I was using Tx's with crystals. I will let those that know answer from now on lol.

Yeah..I hear ya! I probably should have done more research on these Rx's prior to now. I'm finally at the point where I'm gonna be making a pretty big purchase that will include suitable Rx's for my Futaba Tx (as well as the batteries for my Albatross, which by the way, I need to talk with you about that again, Tony).

Derek

Bring it. I thought you were going with 6s 3000mah's though?

Yes, but we'll talk about that on the other thread, lol. I don't wanna "thread-jack" my own thread, lol

...about that Corona Rx...I was just doing some searching on YouTube. It's taken me nearly 20 minutes of searching....in hopes of someone posting a video using the same Tx that I have along with the Corona RP6D1 Synthesized Rx's. I did finally find one, dated 09-01-10...this guy is flying a plane with the same Futaba Tx that I have and that same Corona Rx. So...it's gotta work...I just wonder "how".

RandyDSok

Look for a manual instead... I'd suspect that the channel the RX uses is selectable but you need to verify it.

Slobberdog

synth receivers are selectable, seen some old ones with dials and some you press a button when turning on and it detects a channel that the tx is using, only make sure no one else has a tx on at the same time, a bit like the binding process for a 2.4 system i suppose

Top Bottom