General Looking for cheap chopper to bind with radio.

sarconastic

I played with a Propel mini helicopter the other day and had a fun time flying it. Except it was infrared controlled. Every time I moved a very little bit it would lose comm with the helicopter and crash. Even if it got too close to me it would lose comm. SO I want 2.4Ghx radio from now on. What I would like to find is a small helicopter that I could fly inside and take outside in warm weather, that I could either bind with my FlySky FS-t6 or add a small flysky compatible receiver to. My six channel aint going to fit into a micro chopper for sure. Any ideas?know nothing about choppers except what I flew the other day. It had the tail rotor that was rotating horizontally. Not that it matters to me.

Thanks

Woody

Tony

Staff member
Your best bet is to get a DX6i. I know, but it's the truth. Then, get an mSR. It can fly outside in no wind. If you are wanting to fly in wind, then you are going to need to get a CP helicopter like the mcpx or the like. Something with a built in DSM2/DSMX Rx. Bind-N-Fly.

Lee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your radio doesn't have a trainer port on it?
If it did, there is an option to use ANYLINK which would allow you to fly a variety of models including the Helimax line of helicopter.
But I would def go for the DX6I option and a MSRX or NCPX for the win as Tony mentioned.

sarconastic

I can't justify $135 to fly a $50 Helo. So I will have to find some thing that will fly with what I have. The transmitter does have a port on the back for buddy boxing and connecting to the PC. So that may be an option.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Thats just it your radio will not bind to any kits out there unless you change the rx out. that radio does have a traininer port so the anylink may work for you. Unless youndo not try that, the DX6I is the best option out there.

I you look at the DX6I that will open up your options for bind n fly kits. Everything branded by Blade will work with it and the Anylink will work with the Helimax products.

Last edited:

sarconastic

Well I got my WlToys V911 today. These things are a blast to fly. and durable as all get out. A little tougher to fly than the 3 channel I tried earlier but I am having a ball. Gotta get more batteries though. LOl. The cat and the dogs are not impressed with this new thing invading their territory though. Will post pics soon.

DO they make a multi stick charger that I could attach to my Imax B6 to charge several packs at once? The battery have the small white new style connector on them. like balance plug only with 2 pins.

WOody

Tony

Staff member
Check out Buddy RC. that is where I purchased my paraboard. They have all kinds and I trust their product more than those Chinese POS's.

sarconastic

got the paraboard and several batteries coming. Was flying last night ans the Fly bar flew off the heli and I almost didn't find the screw. that thing is tiny. Any way to keep screws from falling out randomly? Fingernail polish? Locktiite?

Woody

Tony

Staff member
If it's metal to metal, then use blue, medium thread locker. If it's a screw going into plastic, and the screw is coming out, then you need to replace the plastic piece. Just be careful going back together with it. But yes, you can use, and I don't suggest it, CA or clear fingernail polish to put new threads in there.

EyeStation

Everybody here will advise you to loctite all screws on the craft. The continuous vibrations and tension the screws take will always cause them to back out when they can.
I can't suggest the best type of loctite though. They have various strengths and mixtures for metal to metal and metal to plastic. Not sure if there is a plastic to plastic type though.
Fingernail polish in a pinch I guess. But there are a lot of volatile fumes in that which could effect the plastic in its fuming proximity.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, Tony was supposed to be working on his tank, not answering.
LOL

Top Bottom