450 Look what fran11784 found!

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, earlier this morning got a text from Tony aka fran11784. By accident he came across a Roban 45 degree Torque Drive Tail for a 450 size Huey. Being surprised I quickly ordered one for Hulk Jr. Didn't even know they made one for a 450 and always thought their main product line was for larger scale helicopters. Funny hadn't yet started making a scratch built one as mention earlier. Have so many other projects to complete prior. That includes learning to fly fix wing aircraft again (haven't flew one since 1975). Tony gave me a E-flite Cirrus SR22T (1st flight was terrible, so glad he set me up on a buddy box:numbness:) and my wife got me that E-flite Apprentice STS for my birthday last month :semi-twins::peaceful:. And still have another FBL Tarot pod/boom to build equip with a Spektrum FC 6250HX and a 4651T. So I'm really into my happy dance with Tony's help:banana:. Best regards, Jim PS: had a awesome dream last night, was flying my Apprentice all over the place:hdbng::arms::onthego: Just love this hobby.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It's definitely a great hobby. And nice find on the 45º tail section!

As for fixed wing, I have a feeling it will be like riding a bike. Best of luck!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sweet find James and absolutely it's a great hobby. When things aren't going right...I go fly to relax and forget about life in general...at least for a while :).

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Sweet find James and absolutely it's a great hobby. When things aren't going right...I go fly to relax and forget about life in general...at least for a while :).
Excellent advice my friend:beerchug:.

As for fixed wing, I have a feeling it will be like riding a bike. Best of luck!
Thank you:peaceful:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces

This morning Tony and I flew my Apprentice STS and was a little nervous but like you say "Like riding a bike". The more I practice the better will get.:peaceful:

Top Bottom