long grass... Love Hate relationship! :(

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just gave some hard time to tony on facebook.. for not flying.. then thought hey.. why dont i just go fly a battery after lunch.. it'll be fun.. on my 450 pro. cool.. pick it up, go to the nearby open field, and flying around doing my stuff...

started a tic toc, and my transmitter starts to beep.. , that point, the battery might have been too low to handle the power, and esc cut off... well.. I hit throttle hold and all it was free falling.. from not that high.. but still.. high enough.. I thought its fine... its long grass damage is not at all gonna be bad..

field is mainly weeds and long grass.. guess what I CAN'T FIND IT.. and I AM LATE FOR WORK.. I try my best all freaking out, NOPE. 15 minutes in, I just dont even remember where it fell from where I am standing in the field now. :(

1.) I donot wanna loose my 450.. its perfectly setup and flies amazing!

2) I dont wanna have the battery explode in grass.. and cause a fire..

Well what can I do.. I had to leave and come to work.. I am gonna have 3 hours of daylight after work ends today.I am gonna go on a search.. tried turning on the power and seeing if the motor will make enough grinding noise.. NADA.. servos were setup so that they had NO NOISE WHATSOEVER.. Well SHOOT! no audible way to find it..

inputs are appreciated! :( will go on a systematic search tonite.. I do know that , that battery is dead.. by the time i find it.. All i hope is the heat doesnt make it burn :(

DANG IT!

Morelight

Fearless Freep
If you have infra-red camera, goggles, a FLIR at work. Point is that after sunset you will at least see a difference from the grasses heat signature, so a silhouette should stand out where it is. Thats one option, assuming nobody saw you crashing searching, and its gone when you are done work.

Another option, is to not obsess on where the crash site is, but rather work on positive things like work, and when time planning out your options. Do calm down, you brain knows exactly where the heli dropped to the inch. Let it do its job. Overthinking changes the memory's of the recent incident, and you can color them with errors by panic or stress. Think of the location it should be in, draw a search grid on paper around the area by a few yards, then search there first. Widen the search radius after if it's not found. You can use a broom pole or ski (haha) pole to probe the grass gently to feel for the bird.

Third option, metal detector. You might even find loose change. Fourth, build a small eddy current generator with the coil on a pole at work. Proximity to the bird might cause it to move around and rustle the grasses.

Lastly, if all else fails, call Richard Dean Anderson. He should be at home in BC today.

Thats all I have for now Gaba. Really sorry about your mishap. Let us know ok? :(

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
infrared camera and the metal detector seems awesome to do.. just because.. :D

I am thinking of starting from one end of the field.. the far point and doing a sweep .. yes I'll take a broom with me and do a whack down too.. I have enough parts to repair it if i break something by whacking it. I would rather find it..

DAng you got some ideas man! :p :D

crashbash

Will your electronic setup not beep if you turn off your tx, you have to be close to here it, but you need enough power in the lipo.

Rob

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
no.. it doesnt have anybeeper for rx loss. Man I might buy a 3 dollar buzzer from HK or ebay .. a discovery buzzer. But for now, nothing on there, and as I said, I hoped moving the tail servo might give me some noise, but it was windy so couldnt hear a thing. tried the motor, and it wont turn or the lipo was just too low to cut through grass and spin the motor.

well.. I m hoping for it to get it back by tonight. Its gonna be a hard search knowing that I am highly allergic to pollen.. hahahahahaha

Tony

Staff member
Actually the FLIRR will not work. By the time you get out there, the heli will be the same temp as the ambient temp and will not show a heat signature. You will find it. It will just take a little time. It's not like trying to find a keychain cam with awesome onboard video that you lost in a crash lmao. Been there, never found, MIA. Good luck.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am sure I am gonna do a full sweep of the area. Hoping to find it. Might have to bribe my roomie to go with me.. lol lets c.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man you have more problems! Lol good luck! I would have taken the day off to find it myself! Ha ha ha ha!

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I've gotten models stuck in grass and i couldnt find them. I just get a camera, attach it to a plane and fly over the area it crashed in. I plug the camera into a laptop at the field, and usually you find it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
you know what.. i thought about that.. but what sucks is.. my nexstar, P-51 and my little sukhoi all need repair.. none of my planes is air ready :(

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man you have more problems! Lol good luck! I would have taken the day off to find it myself! Ha ha ha ha!

I didnt wanna take the day off lol.. that'll be spending good money over bad. hahaha

.. I'll get off at 4.30 or so and will have till about 3-3.5 hours of daylight after that.. I will find it somehow someday heehee.. hope it dont rain ...

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, you mean to tell me my planes are in working order, and yours are not? Wow, plot twist hahaha

Tony

Staff member
hehe, you pick on me, now it's payback time. I have lost small things, but I have NEVER lost a helicopter lmao. Not even my mcpx hahahahaha

murankar

Staff member
Damn gaba, i thought I had bad luck. I guess if wasn't for bad luck I would have any luck at all.

I hope your search goes well. You should get those beepers that you can put on the tv remote so you can find it. I know it a little late but we learn from our misfortunes.

Adam

Man I would be crying over this but keep up the great attitude and know that you will find that thing. Sorry to hear about our prayers go out to you and your search.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
thanks for the kind words y'all...

Day 1 of search has yielded nothing. I got my roomie to search too but he wasnt dedicated enough cause he is not a heli freak. I need some heli crazy people to help me here. It is sad that i lost it, But i know its in that stupid field.. Only If I could drop a chemical and kill all those stupid weeds! ughh!

tony.. you wait and watch! lol :p you havent flown enough to loose your heli.. catch up first... then you'll start loosing yours.. :p :D

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Just through iron dust in the air and see which way it travels. Luckily, your heli will be right there. Lol

Top Bottom