General List of Heli maneuvers for noobies--->experts ... Sport... 3D anything...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have been a member of this site since the month this site started.... I had a simple honeybee FP v2 back then. Tony and all the members here on the site helped me build my first 450.. to simple hovering... to forward flight.. to inverted.. to some simple and some a little more complex maneuvers. I am still learning.. My helis are getting bigger, and so is my experience in them. I often find myself and also many other new pilots scrambling through the LOADS of information there is on everything! When it comes to some maneuvers a heli can do.. I never found a detailed list... i know things are added all the time by expert crazy pilots.. But hey... how can we assume that a new pilot would even know what a "flip" or a "roll" would mean in "heli language"? So .. This can be a thread where we all (especially the more expert pilots like jamiem and lee and ghostflyer... and many more there are (i might not remember your name) ) , list all the menuevers we know.. not just a text list.. but with pics... diagrams... videos... You dont have to be doing those things.. you can pick up clips from youtube, and post them ... be it simulator videos or real heli ones. If you have the expertise and equipment to teach them... GREAT ..!! do it!! but if not.. GREAT! LIST THEM HERE! Define them.. explain them.. so whenever people atleast know the names, they can identify those manuevers being done on videos that we watch.. and then do them ourselves some day.. :)

I got this ides from when LEE posted that he did a piro circuit.. its easy to think of.. but I am sure its not that simple to perform if you dont know what you are doing. I tried to find some info on it.. But i thought, why not have a section here on my favorite site where I can come and look up stuff when i hear something new..

So there.. Rant over.. lol.. Go for it.. Put in whatever you can.. as simple as you can.. as hard and expert manuevers as you can..

lets see how many we can list! :)
Then we can ask tony to sort them out and organize them.. give him so work to do.. lol :p :D (jkjk)

My entry.. :

WHAT's a Rainbow!! ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61ypPlyKbc

Lee

A rainbow is an elongated Tictoc. The heli will follow the arc of a rainbow from right side up inverted and back again.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I posted the video... Thanks for putting if in simple worlds too ;D

You post more if you have any.. :)

Lee

Whats a Tic Toc i here you ask?????
Its when your heli moves like a metronome standing on its nose,Tail or on its side flicking back and forwards like this \ /

Tony

Staff member
The perfect tick tock IMO is when it's tail down, and the tail blades are at the same spot in the air and never move.

I do agree that there should be a section here on the best forum on the net so ppl know what the trick is ...how to...etc.etc.THere is always someone whating to learn a new trick...discover a new trick.I have also looked on the net and it is hard to find the right video how to.You see on youtube in one frame the person doing the stick movements and on the other frame the heli doing the trick.Sometiimes trying to watch the stick movement and the the heli to see how it is done, is realy hard.It whould be nice if someone whould do the moves and explain exactly how they are doing them

For a PIRO FLIP I have watched video's on it to see how it is done.The video's say that if doing a front PIRO FLIP you shoud push up on the elevator to do a normal flip...then turn the rudder to one side.I have tried that, and it was a hard thing to do.WHat i do for a forward PIRO FLIP is push up on the elevator on a 45% angle and it does the flip the same but alot easier.Of course when doing the flip ajust the thruddle accordingly

Top Bottom