1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Batteries Lipo Ouch! :(

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by D.O.G., Jan 22, 2018.

< Blheli Or Simonk? | Reversing Motors Using Blheli >
  1. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    When I purchases my Fossil FGSX 210 I never ordered the battery tray that goes with it. Well today it would of been handy to have and I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good battery :( IMG_2364.JPG I'm in the process of making a skid plate for the battery. lesson learned.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    How exactly did that happen? It only looks like some rash so it should still be safe thankfully. But would definitely like to know how that happened lol.

3. D.O.G.

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    I was cruising around the corner pretty close to the ground and clip a branch. It drove the quad down in the dirt road. As you see the battery sits underneath the quad IMG_2368.JPG I didn't know that the battery tray was an extra when I purchased the quad. I never did end up getting a tray so I just made a skid plate to protect the battery from this ever happening again. For the battery, the picture doesn't show the crush corners of all 4 cell. So rather taking the chance if/if not catching on fire I just got rid of it. I had 2 new ones for back up anyway. So I'm good to go again.

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Ah, I see. That is how I mount all of my batteries and I have never used a plate under them. I guess I might should think about doing that lmao.

5. D.O.G.

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Well I got around to making a skid plate for my battery. Nothing fancy but I used a thin but light weight metal. Padding to protect the battery from the metal that came with the battery shipping box . I try crashing it a few time to make sure it does it job. It works and good enough for me :) IMG_2378.JPG

< Blheli Or Simonk? | Reversing Motors Using Blheli >