Batteries LIFE battery or LifePo battery

Derek

Is a LIFE battery and a LifePo battery the same thing?

I probably should be finishing up some of my other projects before starting a new one but I had an idea the other day about another project and it's going to require an Rx battery. Tony, you and I have talked about these Rx packs for my Albatross but I need some clarification....again, lol.

Tony

Staff member
There is no such thing as a LiFePo. Li is Lithium, Fe is Iron, and Po is Polonium. I'm sure if you put all of those together you would have a seriously unstable bomb lmao. But most use Polymer for LiPo and that may be what it is, but I'm looking at the Table Of Elements and Po is number 84 and is Polonium.

And no, LiFe and LiPo are different, LiFe doesn't like high amp draw whereas LiPo can withstand it without damage.

Derek

I understand that there is a different between a Lipo battery and a LiFe battery. No problem there. I was just shopping for Rx batteries again, today, and saw a listing for "LifePo" batteries (they were the 6.6v that we talked about before) and I saw the Lipo batteries, too. I'm assuming that, since it says in the specs, the 6.6v "LifePo" is actually a LiFe battery.

murankar

Staff member
I have seen them listed as both. They are the same thing. When I was looking for a pack for the th9x I found that they could be listed as both LiFe and LifePo. I think it was the overseas guys listing them as the later.

Top Bottom