Life batteries

murankar

Staff member
how far can you discharge life batteries? Voltage wise. I just put mine on charge for the second time and the voltage was reading 3.3v. is this bad?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Life batteries base voltage is 3.3... Charge them and see how many mah you got out of them... If it's more than 80% of the full mah capacity then it was too much.

Voltage reading is good at 3.3... I think...

murankar

Staff member
Thats what I was thinking. Since these are rated at nominal. My pack says 3.3 volts so I think I was at the nominal rating. So would that be 80% from the full rating of 4.? ?

murankar

Staff member
Let me get back to you on what my full charge is. this is my second charge on these and I am not sure of the full charge voltage rating yet.

murankar

Staff member
Ok the per cell discharge at was at 3.3, the final charge was at 3.80. So I had plenty of life left in the battery. Although it did take over an hour to charge at a 1c rating of 1.5 amps.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No I was talking about 80 percent of the mah current rating. Say if your battery is 2200 mah ... Then you should not drain more than 80 percent of its value that'll be 1750 mah approximately. That is the value when you charge your battery , it'll indicate how many mah you put in the battery.

You definitely Don't want wanna go lower than 3.3 volts on those batteries. But more importantly you wanna keep a track of those mah numbers. Of you are crossing the 80 percent mark on usage, reduce your flight time.

So say my 450.. 2200 mah batteries lipos.. I barely check their voltage ... But 4.5 minutes of flight take out 1400 mah. I keep it at that... Keeps my batteries lasting longer.

Now at the field. Like I have to do on my nitros.. I do check voltage of the battery on the recieved to make sure there is juice in it enough to go another flight. But in the end when I charge them back. I decide of I should run ye batteries for that long or not looking at How many milli amp current I put back in..

Hope this helped

murankar

Staff member
Got it, Now I just need to figure out how to get the mah reading off the charger! I don't have a battery tester yet. my charger is the thunder ac6.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
on your charger when you charge your batteries, the 4 digit number on the bottom right, thats the mili amps you are putting in when you are charging your battery. that number is how many you used in the last usage.

Saw your pics on that website of yours, nice pics of your daughter and the electronics too... now what lense are you using? I love my 50mm f1.8.. but that looked like somthing better! lol

murankar

Staff member
Nothing special. I Have the stock kit lenses that came with the camera. My small lens is an 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 and my big lens is 55mm-200mm f4-5.6. I keep the glass super clean and do some post processing with camera raw. I also use a cheap tripod with remote release or self timer. The only time I use photoshop is when I want to do special layouts. I show you some stuff. Under the wheres everyone at forum I posted my shutterfly account images that I took on friday. I am really happy with how most of those turned out. here is the link just incase, http://aco304thesbapaches.shutterfly.com/ .

Thanks for the compliments and for the info, next time I charge I will pay closer attention to the numbers. I got hung on the voltage thing for some reason and thought it was based on the voltage. So I may have done some minor damage to the batteries.

Top Bottom