Lee's new job.

Lee

Those of you who know, I have been out of work for quite some time.
Well that has changed in the last few weeks.
I'm now employed at a frame making company. My job is programming in the sizing to cut out mounts. I have a huge cutting machine and an endless supply of foam board :D
All I need to know now, is how to convert the PDF files of plans for planes, to cut them out on the cutting machine.
My boss have given me the ok to have a go :D

But I'm not going to be there for long, as just after I accepted this job, I got a call from the Royal Mail.
It looks like I'm going to be a Postman within the next two weeks.

stokke

Congrats on the new job Lee! Good to hear things are working out for you. I'm not quite up to date on the forum lately, but are you living in the UK again?

Lee

Thanks guys,
Hey Marius,
Yes i'm in the UK for the time being....... But we may complete the circle and return to Spain in the New year. Celia has got some good opportunities back in Tarifa where we lived before. She's not enjoying being in England. So i'll be back to flying on my 11km long beach :D

Congrats on the new job Lee!!
At least it's a bit of income for a while!!
What programming does your cutting machine use? I did have a way of doing the conversions, but I have to go back through my stuff to find it again, but depends on what format you need it in for the cutter

Tony

Staff member
Yup, let me know on the format. I may be able to get you the file to just upload and hit go.

Sparse

huh learn something new everyday, here in the states its U.S. mail. U.S Army etc, etc. in the U.K. I guess everything is Royal.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats by the way

treff

Lee you should try some of the new TV channels I hear they are all looking for experience people to fly remote 6 axis copters
There's a shortage of people at the moment. Just up your street. Good look.

Lee

Really Treff,
And where do i find out about that?

Thanks guys for the good wishes. As for the file format, I will try to find out tomorrow.

treff

Really Treff,
And where do i find out about that?

Thanks guys for the good wishes. As for the file format, I will try to find out tomorrow.

Ho
I would write to the BBC or other stations newsroom. Using the copters is the latest way of gathering news. I would get the phone number of BBC regional newsroom or commercial newsroom and let them know what you can do. Cheers

Wolfman

Lee great news you got a job, bad news is now you have to go to work! Seriously though I am glad you found a job!

Randy

Lee

Tony,
The file format for the cutting machine is .CDT Coral Draw is the program used.

Top Bottom